Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
eodhappyman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:20 pm Reply with quote

Sorry.

Last edited by eodhappyman on Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total 
eodhappyman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:28 pm Reply with quote

Sorry.

Last edited by eodhappyman on Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total 
gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:56 pm Reply with quote

well zane...the text in the status bar is javascript and u need to code it into the nuke..themes are most common to carry the in the header function or the header.html

as for the other stuff...hope some1 can take care of that...by the way...plz read the message in the first forum by raven...thanx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote

Okay... well one more question... I have searched and searched yet still haven't found a way to get the right blocks to remain on some pages. I have found the $index=1 (or something like that) method. So I opened the index.php in each of my modules and son of a gun, there was no $index=0 . So, I'm lost... could someone please guide me through the darkness? Thanks.

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:30 pm Reply with quote

search for no right blocks...its a theme change u must do.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:34 pm Reply with quote

eodhappyman wrote:
Hello?

You must be kidding me? This is not a chat room, it is a forum.

Your question about right blocks is also answered in the site's FAQs.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:51 am Reply with quote

i totally agree with montegos sentiments. Only 8 minutes had passed before you in my opinion rudly wrote again with Hello? as though it was out of line to wait so long. You should learn to exercise patience. It will serve you well.

As far as the no right blocks. There are a hundred places that it is posted. I sugges that re-read the (I have found the $index=1 (or something like that) method. ) as you called it. You are misreading it. I wont post the simple answer because quite frankly I am sick of people expecting their hand to be held on this question instead of simply reading.

I do wish you well and hope that you can get things working as you want.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quote

C'mon guys... Don't you remember your first time...posting? How nervous you were? Not sure how or when the other person would respond? Sweat dripping from your brow as your fingers caressed the keyboard?

Right. A quick welcome and a link to the FAQs or a sticky would also work well

jaded

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Well, I remember when I was new that I would look for hours with the search feature (on any site I could find) and then if all else failed I would post. Of course I would wait franticly for someone to help me but while I waited I did the rational thing which was to feverishly search all over for the answer. I also would wait a reasonable amount of time, not 8 mins, for someone to take pitty on me and answer my post. I was also courteous when I hoped somoene would help me.

I have to say that for SO many people to ask this same question affirms my belief that no one bothers to help themselves or read the given documentation anymore. They just jump in with both feet and pray. I simply am tired of answering this same question. I don't want this to come off as rude or mean. It is simply a fact to me. I am always happy to help anyone but this question has annoyed me to death. It is SO easily fixed and none of us want to answer this question 100 times.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Guess I failed in my attempt to bring you some cheer...oh well, it was worth a try.
Very Happy

jaded

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:54 pm Reply with quote

sorry, it's been a long week and I guess that my humor is gone. I did not intend to come across as mean in any way. Razz

montego

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:18 am Reply with quote

You want cheer? Cheers

I am up way past my bedtime...

killing me

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:56 am Reply with quote

well i do know that if someone helps raven to install the extra search feature for the forum things will be soooooooooooooooooooo much easier... Laughing

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote

I agree with Jaded and Kguske.

I always try to research my problems before posting mainly to prevent myself from looking stupid.

On the other hand it is a little off putting to newbies to see someone being set upon for being a little impatient.

I know Hitwalker has posted about the search feature before and I think he is right it could do with a little tweaking, because it can sometimes take you a while to find what you looking for, but you just have to be patient when searching. The best things come to those who wait! Wink

I'm still a newbie, but thought I would put my 2 pence worth in, sorry I little off topic, please don't ban me. Laughing

I see eodhappyman has found the sticky, so enough said lesson learnt. Very Happy

Jakec

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quote

right point ....
why the extra search feature isnt installed yet is beyond me..
It lets you search exactly on topic title..
Raven installs it in 00000,6 seconds...

Dont know why its not here to use yet..
gives the mods more rest also...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic