Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
revspalding

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quote

I have a brand new install and I'm not able to backup the database. I get a the following error message
Code:

Problem Report
There was a communication problem.
Message ID
TCP_ERROR
Problem Description
The system was unable to communicate with the server.
Possible Problem Cause
The Web server may be down.
The Web server may be too busy.
The Web server may be experiencing other problems, preventing it from responding to clients.
The communication path may be experiencing problems.
Possible Solution
Try connecting to this server later.

But, the message only takes about 5 seconds to appear and the server doesn't seem to be having problems with any of the other modules. All of the other functions seem to work. I checked the file backup.php in the admin section and don't see that it's corrupt or anything.

Is anyone else having a problem? Obviously I am working beyond the level of my competance.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:45 pm Reply with quote

some servers run on a php safe mode and strict security settings and i believe this maybe ur problem

I have serious doubts its a nuke problem.

i have very little experience on how to repair server related issues...perhaps some1 else good give u a much better detailed description..but i believe u should ask ur host if there are anything on the server which would prevent certain scripts from working...ohh yeah also make sure that ur database is updated enough to allow for such a function.

this is also a server issue and nothing that you yourself could ever do about it.

im sorry to say...but ask ur host if theirs anything that they can think of that would cause such an issue.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote

Well, I am not certain about this either, but I do know that the IPtoCountry table is pretty big. Others have had issues with using the core nuke Backup feature. I would try this with your host's provided db access tool, such as phpMyAdmin and see if you can get a backup that way. If not, and you get an error, then definitely contact the host. They may have some type of "limiter" on this thing.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:53 am Reply with quote

I have come across this often lately helping people with their websites. It seems that a lot of hosts have a remarkably small limit places on functions. IT makes it almost impossible to run a full backup of a database especially if it is a large one. I would contact your host to see if this could be your issue.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic