Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
shawn_himself
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:18 am Reply with quote

im having one minor problem with my " survey " block

when i create a poll for my site and input the title and and choices and click save it takes me to a white screen.

when i refresh it , it is still white.

when click " back " to get back to the previous screen then go to my homepage the survey block is there but all it has is the title of the survey. my choices for the poll are not there. wassup with that lol ? help anyone ? thanks.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:48 pm Reply with quote

When you redisplay the Add Survey page, it must be treating it as if you want to add a survey - at least for the bottom part (not the title). We haven't done much with the survey functions in RavenNuke, but it sounds like you may have had some bad HTML in the survey that caused the blank page. Could that be the case?

shawn_himself

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quote

first off thank you for the reply and your help on this.

umm as far as the html im not using any for my survey.

in order to show you better what is happening i took a few ss's. below are the steps in what is happening. i have included the links to the ss for each one. this is just to give a better idea on my problem.

It acts like im a staff member or somethin and im tryin to click on the " edit admins " in the admin panel.. that gives you the white screen due to only the " god " admin can edit admins. thats excatly like whats goin here with this survey block as you will see below.

1. in the admin menu. creating the poll
ss1 [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

2. after i click on " create poll " this is what i get next
ss2 [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

3. ok so i click " back " on my browser to go back to the previous page. as i cant get anywhere from that blank white page you see there. then i refresh my page and there is my survey block but now it only has 1 choice on it. what happened to the other 2 ? lol
ss3 [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

i hope this helps somewhat. my url is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ill leave the block up. not that it will help fix this. but ill just leave it there till i get a reply andsee what i can try next. thanks

manunkind
Client

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote

This is a common problem with modern Nuke code. Nothing can have an apostrophe in it anymore. For example: "What's" needs to be "What is" for Nuke not to blow up like that.

This all started a couple of patches ago.

P.S. Not sure about exclamation marks though. You may have a problem with that too.

manunkind

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:18 pm Reply with quote

I guess I could have been more specific to your exact problem, so try "It is" instead of "It's" in option #2.

shawn_himself

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote

"This is a common problem with modern Nuke code. Nothing can have an apostrophe in it anymore. For example: "What's" needs to be "What is" for Nuke not to blow up like that."

thank you guys for your time and help. that was it lol.

i had to rename it was all. d*** i feel stupid lol. i just wanted to come back and post thank you for the info. Smile

manunkind

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:45 pm Reply with quote

You are welcome.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote

Turns out that the apostrophe's issue was addressed in the 3.2b/3.3 patchset from Chatserv. You can simply replace modules/Survey/admin/index.php with the patch version and it seems to work fine.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic