Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
posword
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:56 pm Reply with quote

I've installed the latest Raven all-in script for 7.6 on my local machine to test it prior to going alive. Its been working ok except for this step in the Quickstart file...

11 - Point your browser to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and login to the nuke Admin Control Panel (ACP)
12 - Select NukeSentinel(tm) from the ACP

When I do that I get the black screen of death that I've been banned from admin. I know how to unban myself, but how on earth do I get into Nuke Sentinel admin?

Cheers,
Peter

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote

From phpmyadmin..are any of the blockers set higher then zero under activate?

Plus when it banns you it should give you a reason for being banned..can you post the reason?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote

Is this a fresh install or did you happen to load in data from another nuke installation? A fresh install shouldn't do this (at least it hasn't happened to me - but you never know).

posword

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:38 pm Reply with quote

montego, this was a fresh install from RavenNuke76_v2.02.02_FULL.zip

darklord, "are any of the blockers set higher then zero under activate?" Yes...
union 5, clike 5, script 1, author 5, referrer 5, filter 5, request 3, admin 5.

"Plus when it banns you it should give you a reason for being banned..can you post the reason?" ... Reason: You have attempted to improperly access the admin area of this site.

When I set admin to 0 in the blockers table, clicking on Nuke Sentinel now takes me back to the admin login dialog. What should activate be set for admin?

Thanks,
Peter

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:14 am Reply with quote

Set all of them to 0 and then set ur blockers configuration in your ACP

For more information read the sentinel User guide.

That piece of reading will fill your head with the knowledge you will need to set sentinel up and a whole lot more.

Just in case...i have no clue if the version of raven nuke ur using has PL6 or the flood blocker removed or not. but in case..set that to zero and dont mess with it Laughing

With a brand new install...it shouldnt be set to nething other then zero at install so somethin isnt right.
And in order for u to edit the admin settings on sentinel...you must be logged in as GOD admin.

montego

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:21 am Reply with quote

Quote:

And in order for u to edit the admin settings on sentinel...you must be logged in as GOD admin

Ah, I had missed that one. I am almost 99% certain that is the problem. If you are a relative new nuke admin, this is a common confusion point. There are regular users and there are admins. When you set up nuke, often times you end up creating both of these at the same time and with the same user names and passwords (you learn over time with installs to at least have different passwords for these).

Are you really just going to the admin.php file or did you click on some other link to get there? You should not be banned just going straight to admin.php regardless of the user id. It is when you try to pass additional arguments that you get "smacked".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic