Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
dirtbag
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Well this is just been a long week or so and i got a headache... But here is what i did i needed to updated my 7.6 site that had so many patches applied manually over time tha i decided just to start from scratch and and install RAVEN DISTRO 2.002 and started transfering the my Old Site Over all the modules etc... So at the beginning everything seemed to be running great and fast on the test server...

But then i fired it up and transferred over to the Live Server or domain name [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and it seem to be working okay... But i started noticing the lag time even for me in the admin as i am still in the process of getting things all updated.. I have a lot module and stuff on my site and basically started from scratch i readding everything.. still not done...

Anyways the complaints started coming in and i noticed also the slow lag... So then i got taken away from my other updating work to see what the problem was.. as i did find some idiot banging my server which i thought was the problem...

also my vistors count was up to like 1200 members at a time which it never that high usuallly around 600....

anyways after messing around i excluded my IP ADDRESS in the NUKESENTINEL ADMIN and the site was running fast....

So i went in and read how to disabled it as Technorat posted how in another post that i read here

Code:

###################### DISABLED NUKE SENTINEL
// @require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/nukesentinel.php");

now the question is i have anywhere from 150 to 250 REGISTERED LOGGED IN MEMBERS on my site 24/7 and then on top of that 300 to 600 vistior members on the site

so always on average about 500 members..

So once i Turned OFF NukeSentinel by commenting out the line the loading problem seem to be resolved.. As i am still having my members post but you can see here
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Plus test yourself to see how my site loads...

My question is i have a very busy site so with that many LOGGED IN REGISTERED members to much for NukeSentinel to handle..

i have 2 dedicated servers running on my site.. the site is on a Pentium DUAL XEON 2 gigz of ram so the server got juice..

Maybe Raven or someone can shed some light on this.. As i dont know any other site that has some many logged in members at one time as me.. So wondering if anyone else experienced this issue..

I see maybe 200 members on this site Raven but maybe 15 logged in.

regards
rick

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote

Try turning off IP Tracking. That's usually the issue.

dirtbag

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:07 am Reply with quote

ok i give it a shot. but should the nukesentinel hurt the performance of a large site...

my question is does it it add much more queries to DB causing loss of site performance? or its should not matter that much??

also i noticed when I commented out the nukesentinel line in the mainfile.php that it longer kept count of the VISITORS or anonymous users on my site anymore as the Block it went to zero???

so if the TRACKING IP does not work as it hard to tell right now because its late and traffic is down.. is there a way to disable the nukesentinel like i did and still make a tweak somewhere so that it still counts the Anonymous Users in the Block showing how many visitors are also online?

i am getting head ache now.. thought all was good ...

-----------------------------------------------------

also i got another issue that i noticed... and this is the last one i can see. is if i go to my FORUMS it does not list the GUESTS it always shows as 0... the hidden works as i seen it register a number...

In total there are 25 users online :: 25 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests

and if i goto to the FORUM ADMIN it shows all the GUEST MEMBERS there...

i installed the rn76_core_pl32.sql into my database then compared side by side with MYSQL FRONT because i had to imported database tables over as they were large...

i there was a couple of differences but i made the changes and they are identical... so i am lost on what to do... i actually went throug the entire DB and compared the Default .SQL tables to mine and made sure they were were exact.. there was a couple of difference... i guess part of updating and importing my data by all is the same now.. to the dot Exclamation

here is the forum so you can see it reads 0 Evil or Very Mad
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:28 am Reply with quote

I don't know what the isue is in the forums, but every screen that every user displays is recorded in the IP tracking. That is a boat load of queries on an active site. Leave NukeSentinel(tm) active but try disabling the IP Tracking rom the main admin board in NS. That should improve your response time greatly!

dirtbag

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:55 am Reply with quote

Yeah the crowd is building as it getting closer to my peak time of the day and it seems pretty good since i TURNED OFF the IP TRACKING

I posted the other question in the new Post hopefully i can just solve that now.. and i be happy..

dirtbag

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:11 pm Reply with quote

yes its been running for days now and the that seemed to solve the problem....

thanks for the help and i still got my security..

regards
rick

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quote

curious...is there a way to make it so that sentinel just loggs the ips that come on instead of loggin who comes on and where they are?

For the more populated sites this would be a nice feature

it wouldnt lagg as bad i think.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Raven

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:44 pm Reply with quote

Yes, but it is not coded at the present time. If that's all you need, then turn logging off and use the nuke referers option instead.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic