Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
wolfear
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:58 pm Reply with quote

I know this topic has been rehashed numerous times as I have read most of the posts.
Of the solutions offered:
Royal links are dead, so far as I can tell, and requires purchase.

Callaways requires signing up for yet another service I don't need.

OSC2NUKe doesn't work properly, which bites because I really wanted to use this one. I have been trying to 2 days to get it to function correctly and support from the ocs2nuke site is rather limited.

I have seen numerous sites selling web templates with the features we need (display screen shots, one time download, expiring links, etc.).

Our budget is next to nothing, so purchasing a system is out of the question at this time (hence the selling).

I think Zen Cart would work, but I would like to be able to stay within our current framework instead of installing a stand-alone.

Hopefully someone out there has a suggestion.

I'm using RN76 2.02.02 and plan on installing CNB YA shortly. We will only be using Pay Pal for transactions.

chown /usr/beer
unmount /dev/brain 
hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am Reply with quote

Well, you know wha they say...if you wanna make money you have to put some in first...
I do recommend thinking things over and over again before you decide what to use.
Nobody wants to edit items or sales in a system after a year because you see a better system suddenly..
If you choose a system it has to be for years...or so.... Smile
The carts you mention here is basically the choice thats out there.
I use esolution from nukeroyal but thats close to dead by now and isnt going to be updated...
But for me its still the best solution.

wolfear

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:12 am Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
Well, you know wha they say...if you wanna make money you have to put some in first...

How very very true that is and until recently that would not have been a concern.
Thanks for the head-up on nukeroyal.
I tried the nukeroyal links several times from different sources and kept getting page not found, so it may already be dead. Don't know for sure so don't quote me on that. I gave up and moved on.

I have an install of Zen Cart that I have been playing around with in my "spare" time and, although I really wish I could stay within our framework, I think, as you mentioned, in the long term that it seems the best solution.
At least until I can find time to maybe mess around and come up with something brilliant.
Of course, I'll have to learn php first ROTFL
Thanks for the input and I'm always open for suggestions or ideas.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote

the nukeroyal website is still there but faith has dropped to zero,but i asume its still for sale.
But more suggestions?
No not realy,you already covered all possibilities so its for you to decide.
but do take your time....

gotcha
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:33 pm Reply with quote

My digital goods shop might work for you... but it is not free.
You don't have to sign up for anything other than a paypal account and you have full control over your files.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

An update is in the works which will add even more features. Check [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] every now and then for updates

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quote

That brings up a good point - do you wish to sell digital goods (e.g. software), services, or tangible products?

Nomad
Client

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote

I wish to sell zip files and mp3's. Plus I want the users to pay through paypal.

I've been following the nukeroyal/esolutions saga. It seems that not only is support bad, but its not compatible with RavenNuke / NSN Groups. Is this correct?

Next, I started looking at osc2nuke. I've read that it has to have globals turned on in the php to work properly--- and now wolfear claims that it doesnt work well? Has anyone used this succesfully?

I followed the link given by gotcha, but I didnt see any demo site....

Is there anyone out there that has a working shopping cart that is set up with RavenNuke, and also has it working and online, such that it can be previewed. I would like the site to be able to accept payment, then offer a regulated download link.

Or... Is it just better to add a standalone shopping cart and link to it?.....

Just asking because I cant seem to find any clear answers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:07 am Reply with quote

Just got back up and running..had a major hardware malfunction.
Anyway, after scouting around, we finally went w/ zencart and will add links from our RN site to the products pages (or something along those lines) as soon as we can get the themes to look at least close.
Losing both hard drives at the same time has thrown me way behind on figuring out the Nuke themes. Zencart is simple...lol
For us, going with stand alone was best solution since we will be selling digital goods now, but plan on adding tangibles at some point in the future.
One point to take note of, though: If you plan on using affiliate products, it's a bit of trade off on dislpay and linking for anything more than a banner as zen is not really designed to handle a full page affiliate display (i.e.-the code pulls from another site), although I did paste together some separate codes and get half-way acceptible displays. Works great for everything else and overall we quite satisfied with using the "inter-link" strategy with our RN site.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic