Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
solfire

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote

I'm looking for a way to add my own custom fields to the nuke registration process.
I would like the choice of making them required or not.
I would like to chose if they are visible to everyone via the user's profile or to the user and admin only.
I would like to choose whether the custom field is is a free-form text field, a drop-down list, multi-select list, radio buttons or check boxes.
I would like to choose whether the fields are presented to the user either durring the initial registration process or durring the first login.

Anyone know of a way to make this happen?

Thanks in advance. Cool

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Most of this can be done by using the Approve Membership MOD, which is available to download from here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I never used it but I think CNB Your Account can probably do most of that as well.

I hope this helps.

Jakec

solfire

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
Most of this can be done by using the Approve Membership MOD, which is available to download from here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Jakec

I did not find any explination of the Approve Membership MOD features on their site. Do you know where I can find a list of features?

Also does this mod require all new nuke user registrations to be approved by an administrator? Because I'm not looking for such a feature. That would me too time consuming for me. I simply want users to be approved automatically when they click the link in the confirmation email as it does now.

Let me know. Thanks.

jakec

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quote

You don't have to use the admin approve option, so you can use normal activation.

Here's a cut and past from the readme file:

Quote:

The module allows an administrator to approve membership applications. The applicant's details
are sent to a pendingusers table and a notification email is sent to the administrator.
A list of pending applicants is displayed to the administrator, who can delete or approve as he thinks fit.
On approval, the normal email is sent to the applicant with or without the activation link. The option is available to add a customisable message to this email.
The option is available to include the activation link or not
The option is available to send a follow up email to an applicant. This email is customisable.
The option is available to send an email to a rejected applicant. This email is customisable.
Administrators can Pre-approve email addresses and email domains and configure the actions to be taken by the module for semi-automation.

The Approval part of the module can be deactivated to allow the module to be used with only the additional fields.

Superusers can assign admin rights to the Approve_Membership module and the Pre-Approved email addresses page.

Allows administrators to add up to 20 admin defined text fields to the registration form. Admin can define the name, size and maxlength of each field and whether the field is activated or not.

Allows administrators to add up to 4 admin defined select boxes to
the registration form. Admin can define the name, options and the
default option of each box and whether the box is activated or not. Select Boxes are all Required Fields.

Admin can choose whether text fields are Required or Optional.
Admin can allow the member to turn off the fields for public viewing.
Admin can choose whether each field is for public view or for admins only.
Admins can allow the fields to appear in users Forum posts.
Admins can choose whether or not to display the additional fields in the Members List. If the fields appear in the Members List, they are fully sortable

Any activated fields are displayed in the pending users list along with the IP address of the applicant

All of the additional fields are editable by both user and admin via all of the normal routes.

I hope this helps.

Jakec

solfire

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote

Thanks jakec! This is very helpful. I'll give it a try. Do you know of any site that uses it? I'd like to see it in action.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:56 am Reply with quote

To truelly see it in action, you would want to see it from the admin's side. I don't know if the author has a "test site" for something like that but you could ask him. It is a great tool, by the way, as I use it on one of my sites, but, unfortunately I have taken great pains to keep that site from "prying eyes" so will not post the url here (personal family site).

I'd ask the author...

solfire

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:59 pm Reply with quote

I installed the Approve Membership MOD and it is very close to what I wanted. But I still need some tweeks. What I need done may require some custom PHP modifications. I have experience editing PHP code but with guidance. I am comfortable going in and editing PHP-Nuke code but only if I'm told what to replace and where. I need to accomplish the following:

1) Remove or hide some of the standard user info/profile fields such as; "Fake Email", "Location", "Interests". How can I edit the code to do this?
2) Re-organize the order of fields on the form and display pages. This goes for both standard and custom fields. For example; I want to use the Name field as a "First Name" field and create a custom field called "Last Name". So naturally I would want to position the "Last Name" field right after the "Name" field. But as it is right now the custom fields start to show up after the standard "URL" field, which is a few fields down from the "Name" field. How can I edit the code to re-organize the fields as needed?

If anyone can help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
STEVE

jay99

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:38 am Reply with quote

what version of nuke did you install it on and was it ravens 7.6?

emmaphp
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:39 am Reply with quote

solfire wrote:
I installed the Approve Membership MOD and it is very close to what I wanted. But I still need some tweeks. What I need done may require some custom PHP modifications. I have experience editing PHP code but with guidance. I am comfortable going in and editing PHP-Nuke code but only if I'm told what to replace and where. I need to accomplish the following:

1) Remove or hide some of the standard user info/profile fields such as; "Fake Email", "Location", "Interests". How can I edit the code to do this?
2) Re-organize the order of fields on the form and display pages. This goes for both standard and custom fields. For example; I want to use the Name field as a "First Name" field and create a custom field called "Last Name". So naturally I would want to position the "Last Name" field right after the "Name" field. But as it is right now the custom fields start to show up after the standard "URL" field, which is a few fields down from the "Name" field. How can I edit the code to re-organize the fields as needed?

If anyone can help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
STEVE

Steve (or anyone else please),

I too have the same issue.

Did we reach a resolve to the 'quoted' questions/problems'.

Thanks in advance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic