Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
ithf

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:24 am Reply with quote

ok
i installed the full 7.6 along with the fck editor and updated the config and mainfile

but i get this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare check_html() (previously declared in /home/stars/public_html/dham/mainfile.php:916) in /home/stars/public_html/dham/mainfile.php on line 968

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:42 am Reply with quote

The error seems to indicate the function is called in 2 places in the mainfile.php file, one at line 96 the other at 968.
Double check you edited mainfile correctly.
If you cannot find the problem, copy the entire mainfile.php code and save it as a plain text file, then upload it to your webspace and post a link to it so I can take a look.

ithf

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote

ok here is the txt file of main.php

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:29 pm Reply with quote

I downloaded your mainfile.txt into my editor and ran a comparison of it with a mainfile.php from a recent Ravennuke 2.02 distribution. You really need to go back and start over because there are an enormous number of disparities.

I'm sorry to say this but there is no way that the mainfile.php you are listing came from a Raven nuke 2.02 distribution. It's trivial but indicative that even the copyright date in line 7 is different.

In terms of your specific problem, you have the check_html function declared twice. In my editor it shows at line 916 then again at 968. I'm just wondering if you took an old version of mainfile.php and applied the edits listed in the experimental folder of the distribution to it without deleting the functions that you were replacing. If so, there are probably problems throughout your setup.

I would suggest deleting everything from your directories and reloading the distribution and then doing the edits again carefully. Good luck and let us know if we can help.

ithf

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:59 am Reply with quote

ok here is what happend..

i was using the 7.9 regular nuke, actualy a brand new install, so wasnt using it for long..

then me and one of my freelance coder friends, went ahead and modified the theme structure for the nuke....so the template looks nothing like nuke...then I found out about the security issues with 7.9 so decided to use your stuff.

so I went ahead, delete the db, installed a new one and did a brand new fresh install of raven.

uploaded my modified theme, and when I went to my main page, it was just blank...

so i uploaded the main.php from the backup i had(7.9) and uploaded and it worked again..
you are right, the one i gave you the link to, is the main from 7.9 just i added the editor function from raven main..

now, as I said, if i upload the raven main file, i just get a white blank page...

so I am lost

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:46 am Reply with quote

It must have been working at some point otherwise you would not have been able to get into the admin->Preferences and Forum->Config to complete the installation of Raven Nuke - which leads me to think the issue is with either your theme or some of the files were not uploaded correctly or got corrupted during the upload..

ithf

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:25 am Reply with quote

ok, well i need some help getting this, cus none of the text areas work ...

and i am not able to post any news, comments and messages,

so what do I do at this point?

maybe, I could pm you my ftp info and you could take a look at it?
thanks

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:11 am Reply with quote

Did you delete all files and the re-upload the RN distribution as fkelly suggested?

ithf

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:20 am Reply with quote

i did

the only thing tat is old in my server is the mainfile...cus if i put the main file from rn along with my theme, i get a blank white page..

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:22 am Reply with quote

I would suggest that you try RN with its default theme and see if you can get things working that way. I would move your custom theme to a safe place outside of the Nuke path and just make sure you have a "plain vanilla" RN 2.02 install exactly following the instructions (so there is for instance not two check_html functions in it). If that doesn't work you could post it and we could look again.

If you get all that working then you could try reintroducing your theme, hopefully without modifying anything in the core programs but I'd recommend that you do one step at a time. Otherwise you (and we) have no idea what's causing your problems.

ithf

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:34 am Reply with quote

ok. I did that, but it didnt work....still got the blank page...

they only old file i have right now, would be the main file.php which you I have a copy of it here for you guys.

I dont mean to give you a headech, but do you mind IF i give you the ftp info, and just have you look at things and see whats wrong, without actualy editing anything...

I am assuming that If somehow, we get my old mainfile incorporated into the rn mainfile, they site should come up with all text areas working.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:18 am Reply with quote

Someone else may elect to FTP on this Mother's Day but I'm retired and that sounds too much like work.

You really have to eliminate that old mainfile.php file from the mix. Just save it off somewhere and go with the one from Raven nuke. You can't "incorporate" it into the rn mainfile that's like trying to mix gasoline and lit matches (I'm straining a bit for an analogy). There are a couple of simple edits you need to do to the RN mainfile to incorporate the wysiwyg in it and you should be set to go. If that doesn't work you can post it here the same as you did the old one and the rest of us who have RN will have a base for comparison and will look at it that way for you.

I wasn't trying to be facetious in that opening paragraph either. There are some moderators/experts here who are very generous with their time but many of the folks are up to their elbows in their own "problems" and don't have time to be setting up FTP clients and spelunking around your site. Maybe someone will help you out that way, that's their option but it would be easier for everyone if you'd use the RN mainfile and post the stuff here when you have.

ithf

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:58 am Reply with quote

well, thanks and oh happy mother's day.

as I said, I dont mean to be a pain in the ass...
well I got tid of the mainfile and uploaded Rn's mainfile...then when i go to my index page , I get a white blank page, so you tell me what is my next step Smile...

thanks for the analogy

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote

No problem and analogies come free.

Can you post the version of mainfile you are using just like you did before?

I'll be back later and I'll run a compare on my version and we'll take it from there.

Maybe post your config.php too, but xxx out the database name and password and user names and anything identifying like that.

ithf

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quote

its the one from the complete package of 7.6 which comes with a experimental wysing.. so I am assuming the one you have

though i will post what you asked for in few hours, since I am at work and have no ftp or anything...thanks once again

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quote

Okay, let's wait and see. You know what they say about "assume". Smile

ithf

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quote

well...
I donwloaded a complete packege that comes with wysing...uploadd all the files and I get a white blank page
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Forget about the wysiwyg for the moment.
We need to establish that the core installation is working for you before you go modifying files and changing files.
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, I need to get some sleep and am currently travelling.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote

That generally indicates a syntax error in the PHP code.

You could set error reporting to true in the config.php and see if you get any messages.

And post those files when you get a chance.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:06 am Reply with quote

Or, that the index file doesn't match the patch revision. It sounds like there might be multiple versions of Nuke in play here with different patch levels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic