Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums
 

 

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
Author Message
crypto
Worker
Worker


Joined: Aug 02, 2004
Posts: 165

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:00 am Reply with quote

Hmmm, if I enable security code it doesnt show any numbers? Tested with clean install and upgrade.

$sitekey = "sadmodified9esd8er*er3.gdss2-fd3212sc3";
$gfx_chk = 1;
 
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian2003
Site Admin


Joined: Aug 28, 2003
Posts: 6793
Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:11 am Reply with quote

With the $gfx_chk value set to 1 the security code image will only be visible when using the admin log-in.
As you did not say what you were doing at the time is this problem only evident when trying to log-in in as an amin e.g. yoursite.com/admin.php
??
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
crypto
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
With the $gfx_chk value set to 1 the security code image will only be visible when using the admin log-in.
As you did not say what you were doing at the time is this problem only evident when trying to log-in in as an amin e.g. yoursite.com/admin.php
??

I have tryed several gfx values but none of those works - it only shows word: Security Code: "security code" (inside a box). There is not shown any numbers etc. just a word "security code".

I'm using a a clean install of 2.02.02 (test environment) so it should work without any modifications?
 
Susann
Moderator


Joined: Dec 19, 2004
Posts: 3191
Location: Germany:Moderator German NukeSentinel Support

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quote

It works without modifications. Did you tried this only with Firefox or with IE too.
Please would you try it again with deactiveted flood blocker but I donīt believe thatīs the reason. Spaces and the breaks in language files can be a reason too.
 
View user's profile Send private message
crypto
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:50 pm Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
It works without modifications. Did you tried this only with Firefox or with IE too.
Please would you try it again with deactiveted flood blocker but I donīt believe thatīs the reason. Spaces and the breaks in language files can be a reason too.

Oops, I got it work after I edited couple of lines from the theme.php. New patch level caused that old functions were not working as they should.

Sorry about the inconvenience. Rolling Eyes
 
southern
Client


Joined: Jan 29, 2004
Posts: 591
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:39 pm Reply with quote

crypto wrote:
Susann wrote:
It works without modifications. Did you tried this only with Firefox or with IE too.
Please would you try it again with deactiveted flood blocker but I donīt believe thatīs the reason. Spaces and the breaks in language files can be a reason too.

Oops, I got it work after I edited couple of lines from the theme.php. New patch level caused that old functions were not working as they should.

Sorry about the inconvenience. Rolling Eyes


Explain, please. Ever since I upgraded to patch 3.1 my security codes haven't shown either in any page, admin login, new user registration, even the Downloads fetch mod. I need to fix this.

_________________
Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.
- E. W. Dijkstra 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Susann
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Southern I had about 6 or 8 multilingual RavenNuke test sites and there was never a problem with the security code.
The only small problem I had was on the french site with the sec. code and the flood blocker. I donīt need a flood blocker so I deactived this feature.

There are so many reasons and different solutions for security code problems. Did you ever tried the search function in the forum ? I know to get this working again can be the same like to look for a needle in a haystack.
 
southern
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:41 pm Reply with quote

Susann, how do I deactivate the flood blocker? It is worth a try. Yes, I have searched the forums here and other sites and you are right, it is hard to find a solution.
I've made sure there are no blank spaces after the closing tag in my root files.
I've chmodded code_bg.jpg in all directories 777.
GD library is enabled... what else?
 
Susann
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:49 pm Reply with quote

What else.. good question Wink Sometimes itīs simple if itīs only the config.php. I checked the config file, theme, languages,your account file etc.

I know these posts about 6.5 are old but itīs very interesting and my favorite, because I have still a 6.5 security code problem but only with Firefox. Maybe it s also an interesting reading for you. What Iīve never tried in the past is a .png. Possible thatīs my solution, I donīt know.
The flood blocker settings are in the nuke sentinel configuration set it to off and check your config.php


Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!
 
southern
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, Susann, this is very helpful. Smile I'll look at the areas you mention and try some of the ideas on nukeforums.
 
Display posts from previous:       
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2007 phpBB Group
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
 
Forums ©