Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
RifleMan

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:01 am Reply with quote

G'Day Guys.
I have just done a fresh install of RN7.6 v2.02.02 due to having the crap hacked out of my website over the weekend.

All went well till it came to the NS setup.

Went in did everything by the book but it still don't work.
It won't reconize my NS id/pass.

I have deleted it and started again still didn't work. I have sent myself the details via email.
Still didn't work.

I have Chmod the files to 777.
Added the following details to the .htaccess

Quote:
# -------------------------------------------
# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth
<Files .staccess>
deny from all
</Files>

<Files admin.php>

<Limit GET POST PUT>
require valid-user
</Limit>
AuthName "Restricted by NukeSentinel(tm)"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/userid/public_html/.staccess
</Files>
# End of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth

As per you "How to install" file.

All works till i have to enter my "enter username and password for "Restricted by NukeSentinel(tm)"

Got me stuffed.

Can anyone help on this one.

Thanks in advanced

Cheers
Coops

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:42 am Reply with quote

Sounds like you have a problem with your .htaccess or .staccess files. In some cases, NukeSentinel stores a reference in .htaccess that tells Apache to use HTTP admin authentication with a user and password found in a file like .staccess. If you forgot that user / password, you might need to modify your .htaccess and remove the .staccess file, then use NukeSentinel to set your HTTP admin authentication again. If you search the forums here, there should be some details on the .htaccess details.

RifleMan

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:55 am Reply with quote

Thanks foe the reply kguske.
I have looked at the forums but I haven't been able to find anything that you are talking about.
I have to admit I'm very new to this.

I just tried it again changing a few things but after I try to log in (With the correct NS id/pass)

Quote:
Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required."

Please if you or someone else could explain it in more detail it would be great.

Cheers

Coops

RifleMan

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:37 pm Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Ok to get around this problem i have deleted the .htaccess and .staccess file altogether and have set all the blocker configs to "not write to .htaccess"

the Auth is set to Admin HTTPAuth and this seems to have fixed it for the time being.

Now is this ok or do I need the .htaccess file.

It seems that there isnt any data being written to the .staccess file eg id/pass oe anything like that.

Some advise on this would be great.

Many thanks
Coops

Edit: of that didnt work as when I login in as the admin again it didn't ask me for the Sentinal login.

Bugger.
Any ideas guys.

I thought this was ment to be easy lol... even for a dimwit like me.

Cheers
Coops

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quote

You have removed the commented .htaccess rules for authorization, which you shouldn't do unless using CGIAuth. All you need to do to get HTTPAuth working is to leave the default .htaccess as is, as it comes with the distribution. Then chmod it to 777. Leave .staccess alone. In Nuke Sentinel control panel, select HTTPAuth and that's it. You must, of course, have set the admin id/pass up in the Admin Auth List screen. All of this is explained in the HowToInstall Smile

RifleMan

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
You have removed the commented .htaccess rules for authorization, which you shouldn't do unless using CGIAuth. All you need to do to get HTTPAuth working is to leave the default .htaccess as is, as it comes with the distribution. Then chmod it to 777. Leave .staccess alone. In Nuke Sentinel control panel, select HTTPAuth and that's it. You must, of course, have set the admin id/pass up in the Admin Auth List screen. All of this is explained in the HowToInstall Smile

Thanks for your reply Raven, however in doing the above it takes me back to the first error I had which is an Error 500
Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

The Error log shows this
Quote:
File does not exist: /home/ottpclan/public_html/500.shtml

I have done all that is in the "HowToInstall" to the letter.
However when it comes to this stuff I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed

Cheers
Coops

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote

Okay, do this. A server 500 error means that your host's Apache setup does not allow a certain directive in the .htaccess or there is a syntax error. So, make an empty .htaccess file with permissions of 777. Select HTTPAuth from the control panel and in the .htaccess path just put .htaccess .

RifleMan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:10 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Okay, do this. A server 500 error means that your host's Apache setup does not allow a certain directive in the .htaccess or there is a syntax error. So, make an empty .htaccess file with permissions of 777. Select HTTPAuth from the control panel and in the .htaccess path just put .htaccess .

Doing that Gets me a 500 Error
Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

So where does that leave me?
..... and no i dont have a paddle...lol Laughing

If its my hosts server setup... what is the directives or syntex i need them to have?

Cheers
Coops

Raven

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote

Try adding 1 line in .htaccess:
allow from all

Make sur to hit enter after entering it. If that doesn't work, try changing the permissions to 775. A blank.htaccess should not cause any problems at all.

RifleMan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:13 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Try adding 1 line in .htaccess:
allow from all

Make sur to hit enter after entering it. If that doesn't work, try changing the permissions to 775. A blank.htaccess should not cause any problems at all.

Thanks for the quick reply Raven.

Unfortunately both of those didn't work. I still get an error 500.

Sorry to be a total pain in the (_x_).

is there anything else or am i a lost cause?

You help is much appreciated.

Cheers
Coops

Raven

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:49 am Reply with quote

You will have to get with your host at this point. They are blocking you from using .htaccess in some way. When you're tired of them, come on over to Raven Web Hosting - You'll be glad you did!.

RifleMan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote

Bugger.

Ok then. thanks for all your kelp mate. Its been much appreciated.

And yes when my contract runs out I will be looking for a webhost. So i'll be knocking soon.

Also I will let you know what me webhost says about this .htaccess issue I'm having.

Once again
Thanks heaps

Cheers
Coops aka RifleMan

RifleMan

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:33 am Reply with quote

Well my Friend,
Here is the response form my webhost:

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

Please be informed that the issue is with the security package installed. Any one trying to
access the link (nukesentinal address with in the website) are denying the access. We removed the
corresponding entries in your .htaccess file and the issue now is with the coding. Please note that
we are not providing coding support. Please contact your developer and fix the issue.

Please feel free to get back to us if you have further issues.

I have tried to explain this to them even copying and pasting exactlly what you have said but they don't seem to understand.

However I have noticed that IP addys have been banned both in the nuke table and on the .htaccess even thou the Administrative Settings is set to off.

Does this mean its working and providing some form of protection?

Anyway. I am now in the market for a webhost. So you will hear from me shortly re ur packages. Smile

Thanks for your help on this matter.

Cheers
Coops aka RifleMan

Raven

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:40 am Reply with quote

Without digging into your site and trying to figure it out, I can't offer up any more info. Sen me a PM or an mail and let me know your disk and bandwidth requirements and I will provide you with a quote.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic