Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
dholt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:40 am Reply with quote

I go by Chappy on my site and I am the admin, this is what was told to me, Just want to conferm there is no other way around from doing what was told.

It's a bug in Your_Account Module. You will only see the "chappy" name instead of the user's unsername if you're logged in as admin. Normal users will see them when they access the site using [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

try logging out your site then, access it using that link and just change the "username" to let say mark, or blonde
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

There's nothing i can do about that. If you want that resolved, you need to update your site to the latest release of ravensNuke7.6. Looks like it already got fixed in latest version. Sorry.

the upgrade is pretty big and you have several modules installed. I don't know which file was edited when you installed those mods. If i upgrade it straight, you might lose a lot of mods already installed, especially those with file edits that you may have done.

I Was wondering sence this is Ravens nuke is there a better way around This Problem.

I installed this one RavenNuke76 v2.02.00 FULL but it was the one I think from January or something like that as I see you have updated this one for download now with fixes.

I have a lot of mods installed already

Thanks For any Advice

Last edited by dholt on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:18 pm; edited 4 times in total 
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:51 am Reply with quote

I think you posted this in the wrong place?

dholt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:57 am Reply with quote

Ravens distro problems is locked can't post there and this is a Bug. I would move the topic if I could and if I new were the best place for it would be as I really need some feed back before I go to the last resort of Installing overtop of my site with the Possibility of losing all my mods I was hoping there was a solution to the problem or a better one then what I am faced with.

A friend of mine will be doing the Install who is good at this, as I hope all goes well but was just wondering was there a easy way around this or is there no Quick Fixes for this problem. Looking for Advice thats all and I was hopen raven saw this and could give me some words of wisdom

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:04 am Reply with quote

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were trying to say. When I read
Quote:
It's a bug in Your_Account Module
I thought you were answering someone else question.
Could you explain more? I am not sure I understand the problem you are describing.

dholt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:10 am Reply with quote

when my members click on your account, at the top were it is suppose to Display there name it has my name there

dholt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:11 am Reply with quote

What I posted is what was told to me as I thought what was told to me could better Explain the Problem

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:15 am Reply with quote

OK Thank you.
Could you confirm whether this was a custom theme you were using at the time or whether it was one of the ones which came with the distro?

You say the issue is fixed now but I want to check back to see what may have caused the problem in the first place.

dholt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:19 am Reply with quote

DAJ_Glass phpbb2 style by Dustin Baccetti | PHP-Nuke theme by [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Same one Hitwalker uses on his site. It did not come with Ravens nuke

Also they said it Looks like it already got fixed in latest version, not that it was.

I installed this one RavenNuke76 v2.02.00 FULL but it was the one I think from January or something like that as I see you have updated this one for download now with fixes.

Thanks Wink

dholt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:25 am Reply with quote

Ok just did a complete reinstall over top of Ravens nuke and same problem, still not Fixed.

The good thing is sentinal and the forums are updated.

Looking for a answer hope someone can come up with a fix. thanks again

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote

Here is what I would recommend. Do a virgin install of RN v2.02.02. Then, add your theme to the virgin install. Does it work or not? If it does not work then it is a theme issue and not a YA issue. That will help you narrow down where the problem is. RavenNuke(tm) is virgin nuke7.6 base. There was never any issue that I was aware of, like this, or I would have known about it.

dholt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:18 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Raven will give it a try, if I find the problem I will post back to update the Info.

I don't think its a theme isssue as I've already updated the DJ_Glass theme based on ravens other themes.

Still will check more into it Thank as sorry to Bother you today, as I know you are Busy.

dholt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:20 pm Reply with quote

Did a virgin install of RN v2.02.02. Then, added the DJ_Glass theme to the virgin install. And it works Fine.

So now I am back to the YA issue. HitsFan speedtype

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote

The RavenNuke76(tm) YA module is the standard nuke v7.6 YA module with the 3.1 and part of the 3.2 fix pack applied. So, are you saying you see it with the RN install also, or not?

dholt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:53 pm Reply with quote

Sorry for not being so clear.

I Installed a fresh RN 7.6 on a test site I created, then I Applied the theme DJ_Glass theme to the new RN 7.6 and I don't see the Problem.

So NO I do not see the Problem on the site I created useing firefox as my browser. it is not a Theme Problem as I am not seeing the same Problem as on my other site.

I'm not sure but maybe it is a Browser problem or cookie, I'm a noob at this but just tried another Browser on the site that is having this problem and the problem was gone when I used internet Explorer no problem

I use Firefox, and there the problem is

Not sure as I will have to have someone else test this out and see if they get the same results.

here is what I get so you can see the problem. it says chappy meaning me

Here is what it should look like

The one That you see with my name I was using firefox as I guess a lot of peaple are as they are seeing the same thing as me

The Good one I was useing Internet Exploer with no problems

Not sure what the problem Hope you can help as I have been at this for Days now.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:29 pm Reply with quote

Have you tried deleting your cookies for that domain and flushing your cache? Remember to do that with all browser sessions closed.

dholt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:48 am Reply with quote

Problem Solved

It looks like one of my mods altered the define of the var $username by getting the info from the cookie of the logged on user instead of the username's userinfo. had to edit the YA module to correct the info of the where the var $username was pulling from.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Smack

dholt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:00 pm Reply with quote

Laughing I know, I always find myself looking in the wrong spot for the problem at hand Cheers Thanks for taken the time to look at this post, hopefully it will help someone else down the road that come across the same problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic