Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
bugsTHoR
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quote

My instalation went well

but i am get the following problems

1. themes not changing in the forum , but only in the site.com/admin.php

2, site looks ok to me, but my memebers are saying certain gifs arnt there, the dreaded red X or ?

3. i have got 8 themes but only 5 are showing , they work fine on old forum

4. forum in modules administration, when i click it i get blank screen.

5. turning modules and blocks to active or changing from right to left or vise versa does not work.

can you tell me how to fix, as soon as possible as my memebers constantly moaning is driving me mad , they think i can just do it quick like i have no life.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:20 am Reply with quote

bugsTHoR, Looks like you actually had a previous nuke installation that you tried to upgrade from to RN76. I know that you don't want to hear this, but you may want to revert your site back to what you had previously and start again, but this time, doing this on a local test installation. You just have too many issues here to address in a short amount of time and your "customers" are "moaning". I sure hope you took the recommendation to backup everything!

You really need more time to address the process for your upgrade. These steps have been covered several times in these forums. You might want to review those posts and formulate your upgrade "plan". I believe Guardian2003 posted the latest on the process to help narrow your search.

bugsTHoR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote

hi thanks for the quick reply,

its completely new install, new database , fresh install, just replaced all the bits in the database of post, post txt ,memebrs list, i see the site np,apart from the admin.php the forum is blank in modules administration. but i will redo again ,

and YES I ALWAYAS BACKUP Laughing speedtype

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:36 pm Reply with quote

Those are all indications of a bad [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

bugsTHoR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote

i re-uploaded the the entire html folder and doing the updates now thx

i new it had to be the ftp, its not the first time its let me down, doing it in 0101110101
from now on and folder by folder Dance-Y

bugsTHoR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote

ok i am absolutly shocked Shocked , it went so smooth like someone had put greese on the axles.

what i did uploaded everything using binary ftp, folder by folder (time consuming yes Sad )

applied your patches rndb_upgrade.php for the 2.0.2 even though i dont think i needed it from full version 2.02.20, and upgrade19-20.
both the HTTPpauth and CGIauth showed in the drop down box i chose httpauth as i dont know the difference really ,you have said there is up and downs to both ....so i flipped a coin.

then i applied the cgi file to update the .htaccess and the box popped up with user and password box , did that and....hey prestO. like piff paff puff

so i think that is everything done , but i need to put my backup in now of my members and forum posts, ranks,groups, and all info , how is it i do this with messing all the time and hard work up?
can someone help do this please, or tell me how to do it the quick successful way.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:09 am Reply with quote

How long is a piece of string?
This has been covered here many times and there is some valuable information in the distribution itself.

In essence, the method you choose will depend on which version you had originally and whether you had any modules/hacks that have altered the core nuke tables.

The secret to success is to ensure the tables and structure match.

If you have phpmyadmin I recommend using it to create a new working copy of your current DB (don't forget to change the DB details in the root config.php file)

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
The secret to success is to ensure the tables and structure match.

What an excellent Mantra Wink

bugsTHoR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:07 am Reply with quote

I had 7.8 , then upgraded to 7.9 when evader66 told me to leave alone.80

then my site was hacked (which is discussed else were)
i had no hacks or anything out of the basics, when i took this job on as our normal
webmaster moved on.

i only need posts,posts_text , forum, and the basics to re add , i did this and backed it up on each one as i went to make sure it was ok, and to ensure i could find if there was a problem with any of them i could just omit it from the update to the DB, everything went great , i always read the manual. thx very much guys i know it has to be me not your hard work at fault. everything is working great now the install went smooth the fact that it did`nt the first few times is i had files or folders missing from the FTP Upload. i realise that now80. i will do everything via Binary from now on as smartftp seems to work beta with it. thx again.

Oh yes it`s a new db, and i used phpmyadmin Very Happy

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:05 am Reply with quote

I am really pleased you are now working, good job.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic