Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
guardianms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote

I looked all over and was unable to find a sitemap that would send the urls in googletap \ mod rewrite format to the Google Sitemap. So I rewrote the Google Sitemap for osc2nuke that I found on their site. I uploaded it to my site for everyone to download. That is currently the only download available there, but I am working on more.

Please visit Guardian Angel Store for more info or to download the script.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:00 am Reply with quote

There is also a sitemap as a part of nukeSEO at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Nothing like having choices...

guardianms

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:10 pm Reply with quote

Does that work with googletap?

I think I tried that one, but I never got it to work. I do use the module for meta tags and everything else though. Great contribution, thanks!

montego

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:19 am Reply with quote

Well, the site's Sitemap you can google tap with our own GT-Sitemap.php and corresponding .htaccess directives, but, yes, you are right, the actual XML sitemap that is being sent to Google is not tapable at the moment without making code changes to every Content script. However, that is easy to do, but may not even be necessary. I have had several "conversations" with a few knowledge SEO guys and they do not seem to be concerned with having an identical page being "crawled" with two separate URLs. If it was much more than that, then it might become a problem as the SE would think you have too much "duplicate content".

Anyways, yes, it would still be good to provide a "tap" option for the XML URL's too... I am sure that can be done rather easily, its just the author having the time to do it...

guardianms

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:48 am Reply with quote

Do you have a sitemap script like the one in your menu that allows a user visible sitemap? I am looking for one that will do that both for user benefit, but also for that of the other search engines out there...

montego

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:19 am Reply with quote

That is what nukeSEO does already. It is what I am using.

guardianms

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:06 am Reply with quote

As far as the author having time to do it, I would be more than happy to extend a hand. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote

Having a tapped URL is an interesting idea - I'll put that in the list for the next version.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:16 am Reply with quote

kguske, I am working on it now as well. Was thinking of it needing to be config setting driven so folks can turn it on/off. If I can get the time to finish it, I'll pass it along.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic