Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
overseer1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:20 pm Reply with quote

Ok well this clan [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] has a server viewer withthe same theme except its html and he said he got it converted andh e did it himself and told me how but didnt explain it right see ill send there site then the link to server viewer.

www.clan-dwr.com

http://servers.clan-dwr.com/ServerViewer/

my site is www.clan-kings.com and i would like to know how to do this please sir![/url]

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Do what? It seems like you might want to put the same theme that's on clan-dwr onto clan-kings??? That's a stretch of interpretation based on what you wrote. Please try to explain more clearly what you want to do. If I'm right and you want to put a theme from one onto another then you should tell us what versions of Nuke you are running and what the themes are and where they are located and maybe what you've done so far to try to get this working.

overseer1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:51 pm Reply with quote

ok i want to use the theme i have and make it into html so i can use a serverspy.net can u please tell me how i would go by doing this.

overseer1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:10 pm Reply with quote

im using the newest nuke evo ive tryed to lol take index.php and make it html thats the best ive done

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:15 pm Reply with quote

Maybe someone else can help, I've never tried this.

One idea I have is that you could do a view source in your browser and capture the source into a good text editor and then save that as HTML? But I think you might have to edit that down to the portion you really need.

overseer1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:19 pm Reply with quote

and how might i go by doing this?

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote

If you don't know how to do view source in your browser window and capture the results and edit them you might be better off finding someone to help you with the immediate project while you take some classes or read some books and practice with basic html.

I don't say that in a negative way but rather to be helpful. You need to have certain basic skills to work with this stuff and you'll just get frustrated if you jump in over your head with something more complicated.

And, I'm not even sure that the solution I proposed a couple posts back is the best one; there might be someone who has done something more like you want who has an easier and more reliable solution.

overseer1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote

grr this is gay can soemone just pleasehelp me ?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:54 am Reply with quote

overseer1, I think I understand now what you are trying to do, but to fkelly's point, to do what you want to do, and get it in the theme that you have, you have to one of two things:

1) Do as fkelly suggests and take maybe a simple module page (without all the blocks on the right, for example), then your browser should have some option in it to "View Source" or "Edit Page" or something like that. You can take the HTML of that page, and edit it to have the content that you want. As fkelly has said, though, that may not be a simple task as these themes can produce some really "ugly" HTML code!

2) You can create a very simple Module to add to your nuke. Here is a suggested approach:

a) Create a new directory under your "modules" directory. For the sake of this example, I am going to call it ServerInfo

b) Under this directory, create one file called index.php

c) Open that index.php file and paste in this code:

Code:

<?php
//Note: you MUST be using the 3.1 patches from Chatserv or greater for this to work properly
if ( !defined('MODULE_FILE') ) { die("You can't access this file directly..."); }
require_once("mainfile.php");
$module_name = basename(dirname(__FILE__));
$pagetitle = "- $module_name";
define('INDEX_FILE', true);  //remove this line if you prefer to not show the right-hand blocks
include("header.php");
opentable();
$hcontent = <<<EOD
<!-- Put your HTML code here for whatever you want to display -->
<center><b>Sample Module for Straight HTML Page</b></center>
EOD;
echo $hcontent;
closetable();
include("footer.php");
?>

d) Modify the HTML where mentioned in the comments to have exactly what you want. Your code should go between the "EOD" markers AND you MUST keep the last "EOD;" line on a separate line exactly as it is shown.

NOTE: You must be using Chatserv patches 3.1 or greater for this to work. If you do not wish to show the right-hand blocks, remove the line with the "define" in it.

Hope this gets you closer to what you want to do.

technocrat
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:34 am Reply with quote

I think what he is asking is to have the server viewer for his clan in a module. If you have the HTML code you can do the same thing montego said.

Since you said you were using Evo, here is a more Evo complaint module code
Code:
<?php

if (!defined('MODULE_FILE')) { die ("You can't access this file directly..."); }

require_once(NUKE_BASE_DIR.'mainfile.php');
$module_name = basename(dirname(__FILE__));
$pagetitle = '- '.$module_name;
include_once(NUKE_BASE_DIR.'header.php');
OpenTable();

$hcontent = <<<EOD
<!-- Put your HTML code here for whatever you want to display -->
<center><b>Sample Module for Straight HTML Page</b></center>
EOD;
echo $hcontent;

CloseTable();
include_once(NUKE_BASE_DIR.'footer.php');
?>

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote

Quote:

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:58 pm

grr this is gay can soemone just pleasehelp me ?

That is not really going to help you. The others have told you as simply as possible how to do what you want. If you do not understand code at all this will still be a bit confusing for you. That is not an insult just a fact. As they have said, it can and will most likely frustrate you. Perhaps you could pay the man who has this working on his site to make one for you. No one is really going to make it for you for nothing. Good luck, I hope that you get what you need done.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
spottedhog
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:45 am Reply with quote

If I understand all of this correctly, you are wanting to make a "server page" like this other site. Couldn't you do the same thing by creating a simple module that displays that info, and then displays the module with both the left and right blocks hidden? No need to do anything else is there???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic