Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
sak
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quote

I've been playing around with my nuke site a bit, and really need to figure out how to do something. I'm using Raven's latest distro (awesome), and a few other add-ins here and there.

My site and organization is membership-based. I would like users to be able to subscribe to different levels of paid premium membership. I already bought Nuke Royal esolutions, and will also buy NukeClients from nukescripts.net. I would like to use one or both of these in order to figure a good system out.

I was playing with phpbb's ranks system, and I don't see anyway to really customize it. I'm hoping there is already a mod or something out there to allow customized ranks including different rank images, titles, and even extra images that will show up for users' posts. Does anyone know of something out there to do it? How do all these other sites customize that sort of thing with paid premium membership? Something based off of user-group could be used in conjunction with NukeClients/NSNGroups.

Our website is still very much in progress, and I need to be able to offer premium members something instant for signing up. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it much! Thanks ahead of time.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:45 am Reply with quote

NSN Groups uses the same user groups as phpBB, so it seems the question is how to tie a rank to a phpBB group.

OK. Here's the trick. You have to search Google with site:portedmods.com "Extended-Rank MOD" including the quotes. PortedMods isn't working right, but you can see the page from the Google cache.

It states that Anor modified the phpBB Group Rank hack to work with PHP-Nuke. If you click the download link from the cache page, you'll get an error because it doesn't like that the referrer isn't ported mods (thinks you're hotlinking). But, if you add and delete a space at the end of the resulting URL, you'll get the download.

Not sure why the site isn't working correctly...

sak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:01 pm Reply with quote

nuke_extended_ranks_system_102_install.zip
Description:

Download
Filename: nuke_extended_ranks_system_102_install.zip
Filesize: 7.76 KB
Downloaded: 3 Time(s)
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

This looks like the one you were talking about. I shall give it a try! Thanks a ton, kguske!

I'm surprised that this isn't a more popular thing. It seems like it's used soooo often on websites, I would have thought the nuke community would be into it more. Interesting. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks again!

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote

You should check again - there is a 103 version.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:24 am Reply with quote

The timing on this is amazing... I, too, was just looking for something like this! Thanks kguske!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic