Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:01 pm Reply with quote

Is it possible to intergrate the FCK Editor with the Journal Module and Kalender MX?

I'm currently using the latest version of the RavenNuke Distro.

Thanks in Advance
Jakec

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Yes, assuming you have the nukeWYSIWYG installed. There are instructions included that show how to modify modules to replace textareas with one line of PHP - just make sure not to create a parsing error and be careful about the level of access you grant to the public or members (as opposed to administrators).

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:10 am Reply with quote

OK thanks for that I've located the instructions.

I've had a quick look this morning, but couldn't find the text to replace. I'll had another look when I get home tonight.

Thanks
Jakec

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:46 am Reply with quote

If you can't find it, email the files in the /modules directory (I don't need images or language files) and I can add it for you. Usually, it takes about 5 minutes to convert a module to use nukeWYSIWYG.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:51 am Reply with quote

jakec, you need to find the specific script(s) which have the desired "textarea" field in them and then just search for "<textarea". This will give you an idea of what fields are available to have the editor added to.

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:35 am Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I only had a quick look so I probably missed something. Still a bit bleery eyed! Rolling Eyes

The Journal is the standard one with Nuke, which uses a basic JS editor, so would I need to look for something else in the files?

Was there a reason why it wasn't intergrated with the Journal as part of RavenNuke? Time? Security?

Sorry for all the questions I'm a noob.

Jakec

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote

OK I found the following in the Journal module in the add.php file:

Code:
print  ("<form action='modules.php?name=$module_name&file=savenew' method='post'>");

print  ("<table align=center border=0>");
print  ("<tr>");
print  ("<td align=right valign=top><strong>"._TITLE.": </strong></td>");
print  ("<td valign=top><input type=\"text\" value=\"\" size=50 maxlength=80 name=\"title\"></td>");
print  ("</tr>");
print  ("<tr>");
print  ("<td align=right valign=top><strong>"._BODY.": </strong></td>");
print  ("<td valign=top><textarea name=\"jbodytext\" wrap=virtual cols=55 rows=10></textarea><br>"._WRAP."</td>");
print  ("</tr>");
print  ("<tr>");
print  ("<td align=right valign=top><strong>"._LITTLEGRAPH.": </strong><br>"._OPTIONAL."</td>");

I've tried various things to try and add in:
Code:
wysiwyg_textarea("story", "", "NukeUser", "50", "12")

but I keep getting a blank page.

I'm sure it's something simple, I only have a very basic knowledge of PHP at the moment.

Jakec

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quote

I'm totally stumped on the Kalender, I can't find the 'textarea' anywhere, although there is a reference to the SPAW editor in the submit.php file.

Code:
// / Spaw-Editor in pragmaMx verwenden

$wysiwyg = 0;
if (!empty($calconf['wysiwyg']) && @is_file('spaw/spaw_control.class.php')) {
    include_once('spaw/spaw_control.class.php');
} else if (empty($calconf['wysiwyg'])) {
   define('NO_EDITOR', true);
}

If you don't mind having a look I may email you the files.

Jakec

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:24 pm Reply with quote

Edit: This code is in the Calender Module

OK, apologies I've just found the code in the functions.php file in the includes file for the module.

Code:
    if ($show_editor) {

$sw = new SPAW_Wysiwyg('hometext',
            $event["hometext"],
            _DOC_LANGUAGE,
            $GLOBALS['wysiwyg_toolbar'],
            $GLOBALS['wysiwyg_btnset'],
            '100%',
            '300px'
            );
        $sw->show(); // test
    } else {
        echo " <textarea cols=\"70\" rows=\"7\" name=\"hometext\">" . calPrepareDisplay($event["hometext"]) . "</textarea>\n";
        echo " <br />" . _CALHTMLISFINE . "<br />" . _CALALLOWEDHTML . ": " . calGetAllowedtags(1) . "";
    }

I'm not sure where to add the code though. I assume I would need to leave this part in: calPrepareDisplay($event["hometext"] ?

Jakec

Last edited by jakec on Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:25 pm Reply with quote

kguske, M, Have I not had enough sleep again?
Didn't the Journal module have its own dedicated editor (I'm think about the problem we had with the duplicate kses function call)?

Jakec - The reference to spaw should not be in there. Are you sure you are running Raven Nuke and did you remove your ld files first if you have upgraded from a previous version?

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote

Sorry the reference to Spaw is in the Kalender module. Should have made that clear. Rolling Eyes

Your right about the dedicated editor. The reason for wanting to use the FCKEditor is that it has more functionality. Also if the same editor is used in the modules the users will become more familar with it.

Do you think it will cause a problem trying to use the FCKEditor in the Journal module?

Yes it is a new install of RavenNuke.

Jakec

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:45 pm Reply with quote

Re the Kalendar module - sorry I may have misread your post.
The Journal module should work fine as it is with its current editor, you should not need to modify it in any way with the exception that kguske posted a fix for the duplicated function call in this forum.

Edited by Guardian to include link to relevant forum post; [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote

I have applied that fix already and your right the module works fine with the current editor, but it would be good to have the additional functionality available from the FCKEditor.

Jakec

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote

Agreed.
Coming very soon to a RevenNuke near you (but not in the next release).
Plans are afoot Dr Watson, to rip out all the unwanted stuff from Journal and incorporate the FCKEditor stuff so it is fully integrated.

Sadly for now, we have to make use of what we have (but it;s close) Smile
kguske may even offer up a solution before long, so don't turn that dial.........

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quote

We've resolved the kses issue in the forums here and at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I'd be happy to convert both if you send the .php files from your modules.

BTW, one reason for the parsing error is because there's no semi-colon at the end of the function call.

spottedhog
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:20 am Reply with quote

There is a scaled down Journal version out there called Nuke Blog, which uses the Journal db tables, etc. You could put the FCKeditor code in it..... and it will work fine.

In other words, Nuke Blog is the original Journal without the editor added to it.

jakec

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quote

kguske, I've emailed the files.

If you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks in advance.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote

It looks like the Kalendar mod has some code in it for the SPAW editor. I could make it slick and check for the existing of nukeWYSIWYG, or I could just assume nukeWYSIWYG is there...that will take a lot less time...

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:48 pm Reply with quote

I only added the WYSIWYG in the submit function, not in the 2 TEXTAREAs in the admin page since it did not seem appropriate.

Also, the Journal module you sent contains not only it's own kses filter, but also an earlier HTMLarea WYSIWYG editor. Since this is included in RavenNuke, we'll be updating it as part of the next release. I'll do so and send you an advance copy for testing, but it's more than I can do today...

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:15 am Reply with quote

Thanks for that kguske, it works a treat. I'm not too bothered about the admin areas, as the public won't be able to see that.

I'm happy to wait for the update with regards to the Journal, as it does have it's own editor at the moment. Feel free to forward a copy for testing when it's ready.

The same goes for anything else, if you need any help with the QA testing etc. I would be happy to help. I have a test site, which I use to test things out before uploading to my main site. As you've probably guessed though I'm by no means a PHP expert.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jakec Very Happy

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:50 am Reply with quote

Thank you for offering to help test. We can never have enough testers! I'll make sure to send you an advance copy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic