Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
benson
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:49 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Have you tried changing, in language/lang-english.php,
define("_CHARSET","ISO-8859-1");
to
define("_CHARSET","UTF-8");

Raven, that does not work because then I have to change all the files generating output and of course all the entries in the database to be also UTF-8 instead of ISO-8859-1.
Changing the files and the theme might be the smallest problem but changing all the information in the database is hard work and I am not sure if my search functions are working if a user comes with browser ISO-8859-1 and all the entries in the database are UTF-8, I don't know.

But, my problem is that because of the UTF-8 output from gallery the entire site generates conflicts and (bad luck) the phpNuke output is loosing that fight. Gallery is displaying everything fine but phpNuke draws a lot of small 'pictures' instead of letters Mad

The other way around would be better for me since I do not have a lot of data in gallery tables, so my hope is, that you will be able to tell gallery that it should use ISO-8859-1 Embarassed

Regards, Norbert

benson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:12 am Reply with quote

Hello,
I did not get either Gallery talking ISO or phpNuke talking Unicode ... Therefor I stripped my Header and Footer and Gallery is running without left Blocks. Now there is no text output from phpNuke left and Gallery can saftely run as Unicode without generating any error.

It is not what I wanted, but it works ...

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:25 pm Reply with quote

Have you checked with the authors to see if/how they are handling this?

benson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Have you checked with the authors to see if/how they are handling this?

no, I didn't. I only found solutions that result in a complete database conversion to UTF-8. So my private solution is that I stripped all textoutput from phpNuke if Gallery module is shown. Just some Images are shown by phpNuke.

Sad, but I found no other solution and I think the authors can't help me ...?

quickthrottle
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:17 pm Reply with quote

OK i just tried to integrated G2 in Raven Nuke.. No Luck!
All I got was white page after white page.

So RAVEN Im waiting on U
RavensScripts

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Did you turn on $display_errors = true in the config.php file so you could see if it gave you any details?

-sting

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quote

No, but to be honest, I don't have a clue what I'm doing.
The setup is not the best.
And not sure i even had everything installed in the right locations.
I have (RavenNuke76 v2.x Distro) installed in ( root ) Public_html.
I installed (gallery-2.1-typical) in the public_html/modules/gallery2.

I install G2, do the config.php file, cmode to 0644, Get to the MySql section and it connects and I click the button to load the table and i get error on top of error on i think it was 1048 maybe. I got to PHPmyAdmin and all the tables are there.
Gallery Loads fine i can go to it using [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
But when i go to nuke admin, activate the module, Fill out reqiured info and click the button, all i get is white page.

I will try it agian, after i re-uplode and turn on $display_errors = true in the config.php

details to come! speedtype

Last edited by quickthrottle on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:34 am Reply with quote

I had the exact same error(s) and I worked through them. Unfortunately I did not write anything down and I will have to figure them all out again. I do remember that the fixes are really minor once you look at the error_log, I think, maybe, I am on some very potent drugs that cause memory loss so I really need to start writing things down. What were we talking about again? killing me

quickthrottle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:31 am Reply with quote

Here are my errors.

Warning: check_g2configerror(modules/Gallery/embed.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/modules/Gallery/admin/index.php on line 172

Fatal error: check_g2configerror(): Failed opening required 'modules/Gallery/embed.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxx/public_html/modules/Gallery/admin/index.php on line 172

Last edited by quickthrottle on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total 
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:42 am Reply with quote

Well the error is telling you that it is looking for files in a directory called 'Gallery' and you have the module installled in a directory called 'gallery2' so that would seem to be the problem.

quickthrottle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:21 am Reply with quote

Gallery is integration module
gallery2 is the gallery module

I just don't know what I'm doing and the directions sucks.
not even sure where to put every thing!
there both named gallery2 so you have to change the name of one of them. what retard would do that?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:17 am Reply with quote

Failed opening required 'modules/Gallery/embed.php'

It says that file is missing. Is it?

Last edited by Raven on Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total 
quickthrottle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote

No, it is trying to go to the integration module.
embed.php is in 'modules/gallery2

I dont know where its getting this info from, something in the integration module i guess.

questions:
do both files go in the modules derectory?
What should there names be?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote

Check your config files for paths.

quickthrottle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:15 pm Reply with quote

I think its more trouble then its worth, I have played with this for at least10 hours and all i can say is he may as well just gave you the files and let you guess what to do with them, Or its something in this version that will just not let it run.

If you would like to try, your welcome to.
Im no good at debuging if it works Good if it dont its gone.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote

I have already integrated it in a client's site. I know it can be done. I just have to review it.

benson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:22 am Reply with quote

Hi,

it can be done and the integration package for phpNuke is ok. There is no 100% integration for e.g. modules like RSS or Google Sitemap. This can be fixed using main.php instead of index.php. Therfore some paths have to be changed in the templates or elsewhere ... But, it can be done.
I think gallery2 is worth to be integrated, I was a coppermine fan and I have to say gallery is as good or even better, depending what someone wants to do. The template system of course is perfect to addapt it to the Nuke layout. Only UTF-8 is a nightmare!

So integration works with ravens last version, even it is not 100%.

quickthrottle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:01 am Reply with quote

Thanks But no thanks, I'm going to wait on ravens next release.
Think that is best for me as I'm not a script guru like all you guys, this stuff may as well be done in German. LOL

Besides that the stand alone version is full of errors now for some reason.
it was working fine till i uploaded photos. now its just fried

sting

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:29 am Reply with quote

This particular error happens when the integration package tries to run the first time IF the integration package and the version installed get out of sync. I am not entirely sure why or how it happens, but the way around it is this:

If you are hosting your gallery database in a separate database, you should still have a nuke_g2config in your main nuke database. Remove this table and then go back to your nuke admin and try to run the gallery admin again - it should re-create the table for you and allow you to make the necessary changes.

Try it out, let me know...

-sting

quickthrottle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:57 pm Reply with quote

OK i did as you said.
I went to admin area of nuke, click the Gallery link and did my info:

Full URL to your embedded Gallery: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I tried Sad [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ) as well

Full URL to your standalone Gallery: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I tried Sad [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ) as well

here is the error:

Warning: check_g2configerror(modules/gallery/embed.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/modules/gallery/admin/index.php on line 172

This (modules/gallery/embed.php) should be (modules/gallery2/embed.php)
I go to modules/gallery/admin/index.php and there is only 42 lines of code
so I think it should go to (modules/gallery2/admin/index.php) as well.

Fatal error: check_g2configerror(): Failed opening required 'modules/gallery/embed.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/modules/gallery/admin/index.php on line 172

The thing is i cant find where its pulling that info from.

quickthrottle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:35 pm Reply with quote

OK where did all the help go?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote

We all have priorities other than just nuke and this forum Wink Also, people work overtime and sometimes only hit the boards every 2 or 3 nights. Your last post is barely 24 hours old.

benson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quote

quickthrottle wrote:
Full URL to your embedded Gallery: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Full URL to your standalone Gallery: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Why does it show galler2 and the errors are showing gallery? Are you sure that your directory is gallery2 ?

quickthrottle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:46 am Reply with quote

I don't know! thats the question i have been asking over and over.
I don't know if the file paths are right for the configureator.
should it be installed in the gallery 2 directory are one by itself.

benson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:16 am Reply with quote

quickthrottle wrote:
I don't know! thats the question i have been asking over and over.
I don't know if the file paths are right for the configureator.
should it be installed in the gallery 2 directory are one by itself.

Hi,

1. as a normal module in modules/gallery2
2. Full URL to your embedded Gallery: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
3. Full URL to your standalone Gallery: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

that works for me ...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic