Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
dingfelder
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:31 am Reply with quote

Im not going to ask for an ETA because I know you are getting bugged enough as it is...

What I wondering is...
If I take a working copy of the latest code (RavenNuke76 v2.02.00 FULL) what version of gallery2 would be best to install myself, or should I not bother? (i.e. is the security code from ravennuke going to break everything?)

I have a number of sites that are in limbo until I get gallery working with 2.02 or higher, so curious minds want to know Very Happy

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:06 pm Reply with quote

Just install the latest Gallery 2.x for phpnuke.

dingfelder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quote

Hi again raven Smile How did your well deserved family time go?

I'm a bit confused now...

I was under the impression that gallery and gallery2 both had their own user tables etc and they were not compatable with nuke logons, thus the purpose of the nukedgallery version was that it was integrated into phpNuke.

Atleast that is how it worked when I installed it back in Gallery v1... How has it changed since v2?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:27 am Reply with quote

To my knowledge, there has always been a nuke version available. I know I installedd a few on nuke sites.

dingfelder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:33 am Reply with quote

I agree with you 100%, there always has been a nuke version of gallery. Like you, I have also installed it into phpNuke sites. But along those lines, I would contend that the official nuke version's site for gallery has always been [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

That's why i'm confused by the idea of the base Gallery 2 install working out of the box with nuke.

In fact, if you read through docs on the gallery site, they even now have a table of all the offered integrations... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

If you look there, you will see in that list that for phpNuke they direct you to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Now, reading through more docs there, it seems that there is a whole new set of APIs for v2 integration and authentication, so I guess a completely new integration could be set up for user management with ravenNuke, but why bother if nukedgallery already has it 100% integrated?

Sorry to be a pain, i'm just easily confused Very Happy

Thoughts?

Last edited by dingfelder on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:58 am Reply with quote

I just remembered that that was the site I went to to get the nuke version. I didn't remember that it pointed me elsewhere. Since nukedgallery is back on line, I will need to review the specs.

dingfelder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:07 am Reply with quote

hehe... I thought that must have been what you did, otherwise it would have been a major pain to install Smile

I will download nuked gallery tonight and see if I can get it added to v2.02 as well, since that must be the same version you used.

Cheers,

Ding

SpaceMonkey
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:41 am Reply with quote

Did you get it to work, and could you provide a link to where you downloaded it... Hope it worked. Smile

Shyin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote

I just installed Gallery2.1 Blackjack a few days ago. I installed the full package in /modules/gallery2. Then followed the Browser Install without an issue. Then used the Intergration Package from NukedGallery.

The install was a breeze. So it was very easy to install Gallery2.1 into Ravennuke76.

I did not have the font issue. But I do have the white page issue, which i solved by removing all background colors, suggested on NukedGallery forums. It now matches my Nuke Theme. This hasn't resolved the white page issue. Nuke will not allow the theme from Gallery to display for some reason. But this is minor to me since I wanted it to match my Nuke theme anyway. It looks cleaner to me.

You check it out on my site link below.

A big kudos to all of you working on RavenNuke76 for building the most stable and secure version of Nuke out there.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:19 am Reply with quote

On behalf of the entire Team, we thank you for the kudos!

SpaceMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote

What's the "White Pages Issue" you describe? Your galleries look great!

SpaceMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote

Also, what calendar are you using there? Can you provide a link to the download?

Shyin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote

The default install is the matrix theme. The theme shows no background color except white, with white text. None of the themes will work by default. The fast fix was to delete all references to background color in the matrix css file allowing the nuke theme to fill the color. Which is what I wanted anyways. There is a post on NukedGallery about the issue. I havent seen a permanent fix yet. Just the fix I used or to create your own color pack. It seems to be an issue with certain versions of nuke. Some versions are working fine. /shrug

Not a coder here. Smile

The calender I'm using is:
Module's Name: KalenderMx
Module's Version: 1.4.c
Module's Description: KalenderMx
Download link: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote

I just integrated Gallery 2.1.1 in my Raven Nuke. I'm curious if you've had issues with Sentinel breaking your Gallery module or if things have worked ok so far. I've heard some things on NukedGallery that Senitienl doesn't work with the Gallery integration.

----------------------------------------
Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that. 
Shyin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:51 pm Reply with quote

I haven't had any issues with Sentinel or RavenNuke except the white page. I'm not sure what issues others may be having. Sorry.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic