Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
Rumbaar
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:08 pm Reply with quote

I have had reports of people encountering this error and page when they access my site:

Quote:
We are currently closed for site and/or server updates and/or maintainance. Please check back often as this should not take long.NukeSentinel(tm) 2.4.2pl3 by: NukeScripts.net

Now I set some option off. But I too on one machine was able to access the site, but then on another got that message. These machines where from work and separate IP's internally and externally.

I turned off more options like any proxy blocking. But the message gives no indication of why I was blocked. The site was definately not down.

I know Sentinel is intergrated into this distro, but is there a way to turn it all off? I would rather have my general people not blocked from my site than the occassional hacker. Is this a known issue?

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:58 pm Reply with quote

The purpose of the setting in NukeSentinel is to allow you to disable your site for maintenance - the idea is that YOU can still access the site, but others (or you, on a different machine) cannot. Just go into your admin page, select NukeSentinel and change the Site Disabled setting to off.

Rumbaar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:47 am Reply with quote

Sorry I must not have made myself clear The site was definately not down. as in I had not set the NukeSentinel to anything other than what I had be using since setup.

I never set the site to 'Site Disabled' hence my amazement at people getting this.

I was at my main work machine accessing the site ok, when over to another work machine and got that error. Could access the site from home. It seem to be random, and not from anything I change as at that time I had changed nothing.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:39 am Reply with quote

I have never experienced this behaviour to be intermittent. Very odd indeed. Is this an unmodified RavenNuke76 2.x installation? (Sorry, Rumbarr, I cannot remember.)

Rumbaar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote

Yes it's an unmodified install montego (no need to be sorry)

Though I have made adjustments to the topics admin file (god issue) and am using a modified fiblack theme. But at the core it's a default install and setup of the latest distro.

As the page that did come up gave no indication of if it was some other automated block I'm unsure what else in the NukeSentinel it could be. Trying to get it to happen again hasn't been possible for myself yet.

But the person that was having the issue (it's a new site so no much traffic) has been able to join. This was after I took off proxy blocking (lite) maybe, but if people are blocked due to proxies is there an indication in the screen they get?

montego

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:15 pm Reply with quote

I actually don't know the answer to that, but based on the blocks that I've experienced (as protected admin of course), I believe if your using the default pages, it indicates what the block was.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic