Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
Dragonies
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:26 am Reply with quote

Hi

I downloaded the crossnuke blog this week and wanted to know if anyone has any updated versions of it that works in postnuke 7.6.2. It is a crossnuke so it would work in phpnuke and postnuke alike.

I tried all evening to try and get this module working as it said it should be compatable with the latest versions of both nukes without modification, but this isnt the case unless I missed something.

My question is, is there someone out there who would be willing to port crossnuke blogs, fanfiction 12 and spchat over to the newer versions of phpnuke and postnuke please so they where working and people can enjoy them.

it would be nice to have more than one crossnuke module available. Smile

best wishes
Dragonies

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:35 am Reply with quote

i dont give you much chance,mostly because all peeps here are busy with phpnuke and nobody isnt gonna touch the please hack me module spchat..

Dragonies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:18 am Reply with quote

Can you recommend another chat module that works in both nukes ?

crossnuke blog is a php nuke module as well already just needs updating

thanks Dragonies

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:22 am Reply with quote

well what you will run into is that phpnuke stuff is a bit different if you look at the patches all the time.
they wont stat compatible..
And no..i dont know any cheat that works both ways,personal choice would be clearchat but thats just phpnuke.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quote

Have you looked at flashchat, that worked quite well for me a while back but I'm not sure if it worked with other derivatives on nuke.

Dragonies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, I have tried flash chat, but I can't get the path correct for the config file for some reason in the flash chat. They do not have easy instructions for installing it.

I am still trying to get that to work as well. It is confusing what they describe for you to put in. I must be mis understanding what they mean or I am just not putting in the incorrect path structure for it.

I am one of these people who have to read instructions over a few times, sometimes I get it and other days it's like huh?

I am not stupid, but sometimes understanding what people mean in instructions takes it that bit longer to get working. I also prefer to try without reading instructions but that is not always wise. I like instructions that say, ok 1, upload, 2, chmode these files, 3, do this next 4 do that next then enjoy etc like an idiots guide lol.

I would love to have blogs on my site and the fiction as I write poetry and fiction. I have been trying to get these for ages, I did have earlier version of postnuke and they worked fine, but not in the newer version. Unless I have an older version installed instead of the newer one, it probably will create more security risks than necessary.

The only other way around it is to find something where people only have to sign in the once into post nuke and then they can use other parts of the site without having to keep logging in all the time. It's really frustrating. I looked into this idea as well and find that confusing. I know what I am after it's the know where to find it that takes the time.

I have found with the phpnuke for some reason after installing is always a problem with the activation link paths and they do not direct you back to the site.

best wishes Dragonies

Dragonies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:35 am Reply with quote

oops sorry, I mean *correct path for flash chat Smile

best wishes dragonies

akky
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:19 am Reply with quote

one suggestion I have just used to get something to work in nuke, is to use nuke-wrap.

I took a very long time to find a CMS and PHPNuke appears to me to be the best.

I tried

joomla
xoops
mdpro

All of which got ditched after a few days.

My advise is if you have what you feel to be the best CMS (ie Nuke) then use nukewrap, at somepoint it should work, then at somepoint in the future if a better mod comes out you'll be ok.

akky

Dragonies

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:55 am Reply with quote

ok many thanks akky Smile

I will need to surf to find nuke wrap. I have actually changed to ravens distribution with sentinel installed and its up and running now, but will the nuke wrap etc still work in here.

I tried mdpro, cpg nuke, postnuke, tried mambo didnt like it and a few others

Anychance I can have the url download link for nukewrap please

phpnuke seems to be the best protected from hackers. Having had a previous phpnuke site hacked before after only a few weeks of getting it up and running, it put me off phpnuke a long time.

best wishes Dragonies

Anders
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:33 am Reply with quote

Hi there
Do you want a great blog to your site should you try http://www.nextnet.se/modules.php?name=ScBlog&op=my_blog_link&owner=spcdata&bid=19#19 Its creats a Blog to all of your members and so is there a main blog ...I have try it and its great must i say...no problem whit install even... Wink
10 tumb up for Spcdata...the guy that serve his members
even a great guestbook

akky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quote

Sorry it's a few days l8

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Enjoy

One thing I will say. I have put another php program on my site, with sentinel installed and using nuke wrap, I tried to put in what in effect was sql injection and was banned

ahaaaaaa Sentinel is king!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to link to this from the sentinel forum as I think it needs a lot of good stuff said about it.

Akky

Akky

daltoniko
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote

Anders wrote:
Hi there
Do you want a great blog to your site should you try http://www.nextnet.se/modules.php?name=ScBlog&op=my_blog_link&owner=spcdata&bid=19#19 Its creats a Blog to all of your members and so is there a main blog ...I have try it and its great must i say...no problem whit install even... Wink
10 tumb up for Spcdata...the guy that serve his members
even a great guestbook

where can I download it?

Anders

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote

Hi there
I have talk to him but he have decide to not release ..
he said if he release it so are there some d.u.m.b a..s.s
that change some and put his copyright on it...LIKE ...

daltoniko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote

Anders wrote:
Hi there
I have talk to him but he have decide to not release ..
he said if he release it so are there some d.u.m.b a..s.s
that change some and put his copyright on it...LIKE ...

ooooook! thx.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic