Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
Paladin_Brewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Hello,

Im trying to install NukeSentinel 2.4.2. I uploaded the files, and I followed the core file edits and uploaded those as well. Now the website is completely blank. Link is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Any help would be appreciated.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:24 pm Reply with quote

This is usually caused by a parsing error or not having the right security patch (or none at all). If you have the right security patch, recheck the edited files to see if you left something out - or included something extra. If you backed up the files before editing, you can compare them a souce comparison tool to see exactly what is different.

Paladin_Brewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:02 pm Reply with quote

Ok I must have made a mistake. I did it over, and was able to run the install file, and the tables were created successfully. I got a parse error, but I fixed that. I do have a few concerns, but I guess for now ill just play with it and see if it works alright. Thanks.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for following up. I've made so many parsing errors it's not funny. I learned pretty quickly that it's easy to verify it by trying to load the file I suspect has a parsing error. If it redirects or loads correctly, I know it's OK. But if it has a parsing error, I know exactly where it occurs...

Not sure what you meant by "see if it works alright" but I hope you protect your IP address if you plan to attack your own site...

Paladin_Brewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quote

No Im not going to mess with my own site heh. There just seems to be alot of settings and Im not sure which to turn on. I turned most of them on I think. If someone I know accidently gets blocked they can contact me.

In my case my parse error was in the admin.php file, and I dont feel it was my fault. The directions tell you to comment only part of what it tells you to Find, but I had to comment out all of it to get it to work. Also one of the parts of code I had to find in mainfile.php did not match real well. But it seems to be working thus far. By working I mean my website works, not Sentinel. Id prefer to not have to test that much.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:19 am Reply with quote

Just as an FYI, instead of commenting that code out just yank it. It's out of date anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic