Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
Barkley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote

I just downloaded and installed RavenNuke76 and everything went smooth. Only problem, none of the modules and blocks are working. I am getting a bunch of error messages like the one below:

Warning: main(modules/Downloads/admin/language/lang-english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /htdocs/raven/modules/downloads/admin/case.php on line 20

The script is looking for a directory called modules/Downloads which doesn't exist, it is actually called modules/downloads (lowercase). Almost all case.php scripts reference to the module by an uppercase name and all module directory names are lowercase. I tried renaming all the directories so they have uppercase names, but that didn't work either. Any help would be appreciated. Smile

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote

Is this installation on a local windows environment?

Barkley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:47 pm Reply with quote

No, it's on a hosted linux box. It's running Apache 1.3.33 with PHP 4.4.2.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote

Linux is case sensitive, whereas Windows is not. Did you manually create the directories? Try capitalizing the modules/downloads (i.e. modules/Downloads) directory.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote

That is what I was wanting to know. Did you unzip it first on a windows machine and then FTP it?

Barkley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:07 pm Reply with quote

No, I uploaded the zip file and extracted it on the server. It created the directories with lowercase names.

Barkley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:09 pm Reply with quote

...and if I rename the directories and make them uppercase, the modules don't even show up in the admin section.

Barkley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:02 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I went ahead and renamed all the module folders and things seem to work now. But a lot of blocks are still saying "There is a problem right now with this block." so I'm trying to figure out what this is all about.

montego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:25 am Reply with quote

Barkley, I think you need a better unzip package. Having never done it on Linux, I would extract the files onto a windows machine and then use a good FTP tool (that retains the original CASE) to move the files over. Of course, before you do this, you would want to remove ALL of the files you had out there previously so you don't get a bunch of duplicate scripts!

Barkley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:34 am Reply with quote

I don't really know what happened. I just uploaded the zip file to the Linux server and extracted it with unzip. I think I'll start over again. I got most of it working by just renaming the folders, but all the files are changed too and I'm getting tired of changing file names. Wink

montego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:47 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I just wanted to make the point that the files are in the Archive fine and that it is the unarchiving, I think, that is causing your issue. If you have a Windows machine to do this on and then a good FTP tool, such as WS_FTP or FileZilla, it will make your life a whole lot easier... unless someone out there has a great "un-archive" tool for linux that is rock-solid in this regards...

Barkley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote

Yep, I just tried it again and the unzip command under Linux messes up the file and directory names. I just extracted the zip archive on my Windows box and uploaded it with WS_FTP and everything works fine now. I'm still kinda bumped about the Linux unzip not working properly. Sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic