Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
sporknoggin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Hi, I have installed RN76 and all is fine except some users are having troubles loggin in. Mainly on PC's with IE, Firefox seems fine. I have tried logging using the same IE that i used to use to view my old site, and it didn't work for me. However if I turned IE's privacy settings down as low as they go it worked fine. Does anyone know how I can fix this so that I do not need to try and make everyone change their settings to use my site. Thanks.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quote

I have had no issues with using the same IE version that I have all along since over 18 months ago with my original 7.5 installation. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and deleted your cookies? Make sure after you have done this to close out of ALL your IE sessions and then try again.

sporknoggin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:32 am Reply with quote

Yes, I have tried all the usual basic steps. I use firefox most of the time anyway, I only explained the way I managed to work around it in IE in the hope that it would help someone maybe guess where the problem lies. As most of my users seem to be on IE. Just to add to it, it also does not work in AOL, but it does work on IE on Macs.

This was a downgrade from Nuke 7.9, I tried the 7.8 - 7.6 downgrade script which didn't seem to do a great deal, but the instalation worked, or so I thought, until it came to using IE, which I forgot to test !!

By the looks of it i'm gunna have to revert back to 7.9 then Crying or Very sad

sporknoggin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:42 am Reply with quote

Ok, to narrow it down slightly more.....

IE's privacy/Cookie settings on MEDIUM and it does not work.

IE's Privacy/Cookies settings on LOW and it does work.

Rolling Eyes

montego

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:57 am Reply with quote

This is why I asked you to remove all your cookies. Try changing the cookie domain field in your Forum admin --> Configuration. However, be forewarned, that changing this could force all your users to have to re-login and/or delete their cookies. I think there are several threads in these forums which address this issue. You may want to do a little research first related to "Downgrade" and may another around "cookies" or "cannot login" or something like that.

sporknoggin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:29 am Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply...
Sadly i have already tried putting all that I can think of in the "Cookie Domain" field.

But i will keep searching, surely it cant be anything major, for the sake of one click on the privacy scale Confused

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:38 am Reply with quote

Are you using a redirect or cloaked URL? IE will not work correctly with those cookies

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
sporknoggin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote

I believe it may be a cloaked url ?

Just checked and it is the problem.....I could of sworn i'd checked to see if that affected it Embarassed !!

Cheers Big E, where ever I go you seem to be there with the answers Very Happy

Thanks Montego for your help aswell Wink

montego

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote

I am learning alot from Evaders too... Wink Thanks!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic