Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
HackerX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:35 pm Reply with quote

OK, I have just HAD IT with Nuke Protector.

I am using Nuke platinum 7.6 and have just installed Nuke Sentinel, and I am now seeing Nuke Sentinel AND Nuke Protector in the Admin Control panel.

Should I be concerned with having BOTH installed?
Will there be any conflicts by having Sentinel AND Protector ACTIVELY installed and working?

If not, I would choose Protector to Uninstall, But I am having problems finding a DETAILED step-by-step for uninstalling Protector COMPLETLEY.

Please help me. Thank You.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:38 am Reply with quote

well this is basically the home of sentinel support and nobody would give the advice to have both scripts installed.
Sentinel does it all.

To uninstall protector you should take out any code belonging to it.,
as i only had a copy of version 1.13 left this is how the install is explained..
Code:

HOW TO INSTALL. You MUST follow the steps in correct order to get the system to work.

------------------------------
Step 1

Upload all the files in the html folder(the structure is correct so just upload in to your nuke dir)
It should be OBVIOUS where everything goes according to the Directory structure
-----------------------------
Step 2

Go in to your admin.php and there should be a "Ban System" or Protector link/button there now.
Just click that "button" and all the tables will be created in your database.
It's VERY important that you DO THIS before you go to step 3 or step 4

Step 3

Open header.php and around line 36 paste this:

/*START BAN SYSTEM*/
include("includes/blocker.php");
/*STOP BAN SYSTEM*/

-----------------------------
Step 4 (IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!)

If you want the feature where you can add access to the Protector System
(if you want to add access to admins that not are super admin) you must do some "hacking" in /admin.php and admin/modules/authors.php
if you have a clean admin.php/authors.php (that means a file where you have done no changes to)
,I have in the extra folder put a admin.php/authors.php which have the changes already made for you.(NUKE 6.5 ONLY)
You can use those files if you are not comfortable making the follwing changes.

(open admin.php)
Find on line 157 (it's under the function GraphicAdmin())

$sql = "SELECT radminarticle,radmintopic,radminuser,radminsurvey,radminsection,radminlink,radminephem,radminfaq,radmindownload,radminreviews,radminnewsletter,radminforum,radmincontent,radminency,radminsuper FROM ".$prefix."_authors WHERE aid='$aid'";
-------------------
Replace with:

$sql = "SELECT radminarticle,radmintopic,radminuser,radminsurvey,radminsection,radminlink,radminephem,radminfaq,radmindownload,radminreviews,radminnewsletter,radminforum,radmincontent,radminency,radminsuper,radminblocker FROM ".$prefix."_authors WHERE aid='$aid'";
-------------------

Find on line 174

$radminsuper = $row[radminsuper];
-------------------
Add directly under:

$radminblocker = $row[radminblocker];
-------------------

open admin/modules/authors.php

Find on line 395

$result = sql_query("insert into ".$prefix."_authors values ('$add_aid', '$add_name', '$add_url', '$add_email', '$add_pwd', '0', '$add_radminarticle','$add_radmintopic','$add_radminuser','$add_radminsurvey','$add_radminsection','$add_radminlink','$add_radminephem','$add_radminfaq','$add_radmindownload','$add_radminreviews','$add_radminnewsletter','$add_radminforum','$add_radmincontent','$add_radminency','$add_radminsuper','$add_admlanguage')", $dbi);
-------------------
Replace with:
$result = sql_query("insert into ".$prefix."_authors values ('$add_aid', '$add_name', '$add_url', '$add_email', '$add_pwd', '0', '$add_radminarticle','$add_radmintopic','$add_radminuser','$add_radminsurvey','$add_radminsection','$add_radminlink','$add_radminephem','$add_radminfaq','$add_radmindownload','$add_radminreviews','$add_radminnewsletter','$add_radminforum','$add_radmincontent','$add_radminency','$add_radminsuper','$add_admlanguage','$add_radminblocker')", $dbi);

This doesnt guarantee that it will be nicely un-installed...

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:17 am Reply with quote

It shouldn't really hurt to have both installed, though if Protector catches an attack, it will not be caught by NukeSentinel and vice versa.

technocrat
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote

It all depends on which you have included first. I would put sentinel first, then protector.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic