Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
gbhughs
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quote

No matter how many ways or times you tell people to make sure they save their information, They dont!!

Is there a module or block out there that will allow people to enter their email and have it not just send them a new password but all of their login details?

I probably get this request 15 times a day Confused

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote

maybe im wrong but as far as my memory goes there isnt such a mod,hack whatever..
There are a few scripts they has to do one way or the other with user info but mostly build on resending logins..

gbhughs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote

That is all I have seen too.

I think this would be a really nice feature to implement into this program somehow.

Raven???

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote

well i can imagine they could tweak the the resend mod a bit...

gbhughs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:28 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
well i can imagine they could tweak the the resend mod a bit...

Any suggestions for how one might do this?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quote

well it goes like..
someone forgets his password..
then he uses the send password function with function pass_lost
that first sends the confirmation code.
after using the confirmation code the pass is resend and on some sites completely reset.

That part has to be modified and not done in a few minutes.
thing is,if people thought this would be interesting to have then it would ready exist.

gbhughs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:10 pm Reply with quote

Seems to me it would make perfect sense and I'm surprised that it hasnt been requested more.

If you are building a program for the masses to use, convenience should be your number one selling point, right? This sure would make it convenient for the site adminstrator and his members.

Not trying to be argumentative, rather to be thought provoking, and to point out a view from the other side of the fence.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quote

oh but i understand...
personay i think its handy such a hack,instead of resending bla bla...or resetting it..
Just a simple send all info...

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote

There is a related hack (actually two versions) at:

http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/posts8683-highlight-.html

All it does is make the process of looking up an ID a little easier by showing you the usernames (and in the second variant) the email addresses. Use at your own risk of course. I'd love to see the hack you described developed too maybe in conjunction with the one at the thread referenced. Or maybe in conjunction with a "search users" function. Maybe ravennuke 2.xx? While I'm salivating, some "light" version of Approve Membership that didn't require a separate module and didn't affect anything but the your_account module and could be built right into the core so you don't need to go nuts with coordinating updates.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote

that comes close fkelly but a hack to send the login info should have been an option in nuke....it feels like inventing the wheel again..
wonder why nobody thought of this earlier....lol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic