Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
recep
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote

Hello friends...
l have a problem with my nuke script, but l coulnt understand whats wrong with this..

My Host server ( godaddy ) suspended my hosting account about 10 days before for anyreason that they explaing as a "causing excessice server loads" becouse some of the "php web applications" in my site that l couldnt understand which of them..

During this 10 days l have parked my domain to sedo and earned about 70 euro Smile ( thanks daddy )

About 3 days ago they opened my ftp account and noted me to delete the scripts which they said "causing excessice server loads", but they couldnt said me the folders or addresses which is giwing problem..
anyway l have deleted some of the subdomains into my site which l have installed "web site link directory" or other scripts than "php-nuke".

Hopefull they have opened my website 2day and l have seen some problems in my website.

-My Google Tab is Not Working..! What must l do to let it work again ? .htaccess is there without any problem, also controlled the nextgen folders and everthing okey with them ? l didnt understand whats wrong with it ..:s

-My Statistics Module is not working...! didnt understand why ?:S

l Need Quick Solutions if any of friends care to reply my questions..
Thanks....
Deepnote : the site we are talking about [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:02 pm Reply with quote

well they probably took out your mod_rewrite...

recep

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:10 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker, thanks for friendly advise.
l sent an e-mail to godaddy about to open this feature..
Quote:

Dear Colby P.
l want to thank you for your informing mail about opening my website, it become some late but at least. thanks..
however my website was built on "mod_rewrite" feature of php, and as l see you have been took out this php feature of my web hosting acount.
Becouse of this taken out feature my web site isnt working...
Could you please reopen my "mod_rewrite" feature...
thanks...

l hope this problem is just becouse of this taken out feature...
thanks for ur advise.
Deepnote: l cant open ur website and dont know the reason.
l am using opera browser and ur securing script banning me.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:19 pm Reply with quote

The http viewer returns status 200 that´s ok. Did you also checked your site with any other browser ?

recep

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:32 pm Reply with quote

Yes Susan l am using 3 browser now, internet explorer 7 + opera + firefox
giwe the same "404 page errors" message. :s.
l dont understand why.
thanks..

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quote

Yep, now I see your problem. Possible it´s something with your host or the .htaccess.
I would use dissallow with robot.txt for all spider until you can solve this problem.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote

well i can see your site no problem with that,and your html links are dead.
so if all is ok on the googletap thing the only thing left is that they disabled mod-rewrite.
Bit stupid if they did...
But to be sure..

You have this RewriteEngine On in your htaccess on top ?

And a litle advice....
its nice to have content but putting it all on your index doesnt make it load that fast either.

a test i did..

Connection 14.4K - Loadingtime 163.10 seconds
Connection 28.8K - Loadingtime 81.65 seconds
Connection 33.6K - Loadingtime 70.01 seconds
Connection 56K - Loadingtime 42.09 seconds
Connection ISDN 128K - Loadingtime 13.03 seconds
Connection T1 1.44Mbps - Loadingtime 1.31 seconds

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote

Save this code as phpinfo.php upload to your server. call it from your browser yoursite.com/phpinfo.php
Code:
<?php

phpinfo();
?>

Scroll down to 'Apache' section and look at table marked 'Loaded Modules' see if mod_rewrite is loaded.

look in your htaccess and see if you have the following line: 'RewriteEngine on'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:51 am Reply with quote

Nukeum66, friend thanks for ur advices..

On my server in phpinfo file on the lines of "Loaded Modules " -> "mod_rewrite" coulnt find..
thanks why l sent an email to the host about reopening my php feature.
l also looked at .htaccess and found what you are asking like:
Quote:

# Controle du nom de domaine et réécriture ce meme nom CONFIGUREZ CETTE URL !
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_POST} ^php-maximus.fr$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [R]

is that right ?

recep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:52 am Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
Yep, now I see your problem. Possible it´s something with your host or the .htaccess.
I would use dissallow with robot.txt for all spider until you can solve this problem.

susan thanks for ur advise, l did disallowed robots.txt.

recep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:57 am Reply with quote

the host replied me with this message...

l want to send them a mad , sad message but l want to ask you what must l send them to tell my situations with a best telling type about this closed features ( mod_rewrite )
need help guys. thanks..

Quote:

Dear kolayweb hizmetleri,
Thank you for contacting customer service. Could you please tell us how you can tell that mod_rewrite is disabled on your account? It should be enabled on all Linux accounts.
Regards,
Amanda P.

Whatr must l write this Amanda P. to tell my problem in the best way.
thanks.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:07 am Reply with quote

hello,

well explaining it should be simple..
look at the following links..

reviews.html
topics.html
downloads.html
content.html
php_tools.html

thats gone..so is all topics in the front block.
they work with your mod_rewrite

so that leaves 2 options...
the mod_rewrite is off or they removed all the mod_rewrite lines in the htaccess.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:21 am Reply with quote

recep, first of all, what happens when you try to access your site as follows:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Try adding this as a rewrite rule in your .htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^index.html index.php

Then, access your site again via: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

If rewrite is working, you should be taken to your index.php (nuke root home page).

That might give you some "ammunition" with your hosting company... assuming it does not work that is.

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:06 am Reply with quote

They've disabled the rewrite module in httpd.conf. Find another host.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:31 am Reply with quote

well reading the reply of nodaddy host they didnt do anything...

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:53 am Reply with quote

Quoting recep
Quote:
On my server in phpinfo file on the lines of "Loaded Modules " -> "mod_rewrite" coulnt find..

If it's not here it's not loaded and Godaddy is either telling a tall tail or they are unaware of this.

recep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:37 pm Reply with quote

Dear my best friends...

l am so greatfull for your helpfull advices...

hitwalker,
Quote:

hello,

well explaining it should be simple..
look at the following links..

reviews.html
topics.html
downloads.html
content.html
php_tools.html

thats gone..so is all topics in the front block.
they work with your mod_rewrite

so that leaves 2 options...
the mod_rewrite is off or they removed all the mod_rewrite lines in the htaccess.

You are right they have removed the feature of php and they are declaring it with this message to me this night.

Quote:

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response
Dear Kolayweb,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

In our server environment, mod_rewrite is available only when using .htaccess with html. It is unavailable for php.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Sincerely,

Nick G.
Customer Service Representative

and l sent them this message a min ago.

Quote:

Dear Nick G.
l would like to thanks you about ur information but thats not a thanksfull message...

First of all l want to inform you about your server informations..

When l bought your hosting servise , all php features were available in linux accounts..
l was set up my web host on this "mod_rewrite" feature with .htaccess in php pages...

Till you suspending my account it was working without any problem.
When you suspened my account you also taken out this "mod_rewrite" feature also.

During this 14 days l am posting messages and articles in many websites and forums against your web hosting campany,
Because you are not making your duties, responsibilities....

You cant taken out my hosting account feature...

l am using google tap in my web site and l need "mod_rewrite" feature for my site engines...

Please reactive this feature ( mod_rewrite ) for my website which was in the beginning..
l am already not feeling very goods about ur campany and dont make it worse...
Do you responsibilities and care costumer satisfuction.

l just cant understand how can a host take out a php feature that giwe in the beginning and taken out after :S isnt that against the costumer rights ?

godaddy made me so mad about this hosting servise....
l have used some of the small hosting plans be4 and most of the other web hosts were more understanding than this company..

please friends giwe me some tips what must l do after now or must wait the answer of my mail..

with grates.. thanks...

recep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote

l just read this sentence and l think l am missunderstanding this mail which godady sent to me.
Quote:

In our server environment, mod_rewrite is available only when using .htaccess with html. It is unavailable for php.

is that meaning : ur server supporting "mod_rewrite" or opposite ?
if positive than how cant it be shown in the info.php file and how cant site links work ?

Last edited by recep on Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total 
hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote

Is it a nice feeling that i was right...YES it is but it realy su..cks that godaddy behaves like this...
However im not suprised to see this...
My advice is to move to another host...
Perhaps you can make a deal with raven (no i dont get paid for this) killing me

recep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:47 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
Is it a nice feeling that i was right...YES it is but it realy su..cks that godaddy behaves like this...
However im not suprised to see this...
My advice is to move to another host...
Perhaps you can make a deal with raven (no i dont get paid for this) killing me

hitwalker, thanks for ur friendly advice, and l know u dont Wink

But l already found a supporter which supplied me 40 Gb of linux hosting, but l am not rich enough to throw out 60 $ which l paid a month ago. thats not justice and hooping cost servise..

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote

i understand...
but main thing is to make sure your you can use mod-rewrite...
i suggest you mail them again and demand to put it on,or if possible call them in person...

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:54 pm Reply with quote

point them to this !

Can I use mod_rewrite?
Last Updated: November 28, 2005 4:50 PM

Yes, our Linux hosting accounts support most mod_rewrite functionality.

mod_rewrite, known as the "Swiss Army Knife of URL manipulation", is an Apache Web server module that manipulates browser-submitted URLs and translates them in order to deliver content to the browser. This process takes places entirely within Apache and without the browser's knowledge. The resulting content appears to have originated from the submitted URL. This functionality is different from that of classic redirection, which simply points a browser to a different web server location.

mod_rewrite uses rules to capture and translate URLs. These rewriting rules are created and stored in an Apache configuration file (usually httpd.conf). They specify when and how URLs are translated and can utilize regular expressions to do so. By default, the mod_rewrite module is installed but disabled by Apache.

There are many uses for URL manipulation. Because mod_rewrite effectively disguises how and from where content is served, it can increase site security. A common application of the module is thwarting query string hacking through the hiding of query string parameters and values from users.

Mod_rewrite also benefits sites that utilize search engines. Not all search engines index a site's dynamic URLs, and those that do not drop the dynamic portion entirely. mod_rewrite allows the creation of URLs that can be indexed by all search engines, thus preventing potential conflicts and increasing site visibility.

mod_rewrite can also facilitate navigation through a site and make a user's Web experience more productive by allowing the use of user-friendly URLs. This assists users in picking the correct page from their browser's drop-down list on subsequent visits to a site.

recep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
point them to this !

Can I use mod_rewrite?
Last Updated: November 28, 2005 4:50 PM

Yes, our Linux hosting accounts support most mod_rewrite functionality.

mod_rewrite, known as the "Swiss Army Knife of URL manipulation", is an Apache Web server module that manipulates browser-submitted URLs and translates them in order to deliver content to the browser. This process takes places entirely within Apache and without the browser's knowledge. The resulting content appears to have originated from the submitted URL. This functionality is different from that of classic redirection, which simply points a browser to a different web server location.

mod_rewrite uses rules to capture and translate URLs. These rewriting rules are created and stored in an Apache configuration file (usually httpd.conf). They specify when and how URLs are translated and can utilize regular expressions to do so. By default, the mod_rewrite module is installed but disabled by Apache.

There are many uses for URL manipulation. Because mod_rewrite effectively disguises how and from where content is served, it can increase site security. A common application of the module is thwarting query string hacking through the hiding of query string parameters and values from users.

Mod_rewrite also benefits sites that utilize search engines. Not all search engines index a site's dynamic URLs, and those that do not drop the dynamic portion entirely. mod_rewrite allows the creation of URLs that can be indexed by all search engines, thus preventing potential conflicts and increasing site visibility.

mod_rewrite can also facilitate navigation through a site and make a user's Web experience more productive by allowing the use of user-friendly URLs. This assists users in picking the correct page from their browser's drop-down list on subsequent visits to a site.

Friend, So thanks for this lovely link, l was lokoing for but couldnt.
that will help me so much. and sending them 2nd mail now. 10x Wink

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote

good luck...

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:31 pm Reply with quote

Laughing If you were use html you would not need mod_rewrite, you could write the URLs anyway you wanted. Goddady is full of it! I really don't think they know what they're doing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic