Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
tracey
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quote

Fresh install of 2.02 -- i had to modify the SQL inserts , since i'm on an older version -- with the WYSIWYG editor.

when i publish content, if i type 'test' into the actual content, it's fine .. if i paste something in (like from word -- use the clean up, etc) when i hit save, it takes me to the site home page and doesn't publish the content changes (if new page, it doesn't publish the page at all) -- this seems to be regardless of the theme I'm using.

According to the documentation, to install the WYSIWYG editor, you just copy & replace the files -- was there some SQL code that had to be run?

I also wonder if it's the content itself ... even the following snipped causes it to fail (even when pasted as plain text) (p.s. it's a church site)
Code:
I. Of the Scriptures

We believe that the Holy Bible as originally written was verbally inspired and the product of Spirit controlled men and, therefore, has truth with out any admixture of error for its matter. We believe the Bible to be the true center of Christian union and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinions shall be tried. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17, 2 Peter 1:19-21).

Any ideas?

Thanks
Tracer

tracey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:15 am Reply with quote

to add .. it seems to die if it spans more than one line ... this is SO weird

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:16 am Reply with quote

It's the word union. NukeSentinel is being overly aggressive. Try changing the word union to union

tracey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote

OH! IT WAS THE WORD UNION ... WHY DIDN'T I SEE THAT?? durr .. THANKS Raven .. you rock! Blonde Moment that totally worked.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:18 am Reply with quote

I have that on my list of things to try to get NS to discriminate. I know it's a pita, and it will be fixed, eventually Wink

tracey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote

thanks Raven .. turns out the wysiwyg wants to display the 'code' .. so backdoor won't work there ... but, i just went in and changed it in the db ... so i should be good (displaying the text union won't hurt right? just trying to submit anything with the word union ... )

thanks again ... looking forward to pita removal ... (i got a lotta them in there already ... lol)

edkiefer
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:11 pm Reply with quote

I'm having a similar problem. Sertain content pages just won't save they just lead back to the home page. Some I can edit no problem.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Do you get an error message or a NukeSentinel warning?

edkiefer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote

No error or warning. I tried to cut and past in this text:1. How does the wedding process get started at River Oaks?
Both Bride and Groom must each complete the Groom's Questionaire and the Bride's Questionaire. You will also need to fill out the Wedding Information page, if requesting the services of a River Oaks Pastor, and/or use of our facilities. Fill out and submit the forms online or you may mail hard copies to:

River Oaks Community Church
58020 CR 115
Goshen, Indiana 46528
ATTN: Pastor Tom Hilliker

Upon receipt of these forms, we will contact you to schedule a premarital interview with a member of the Pastoral staff.

Then I try to save changes and it pops back to the home page.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote

Can you save anything? Try something simple like "test"

edkiefer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quote

If I type anything in the editor it saves fine, but if I try to copy and past something like this:
Quote:
1. How does the wedding process get started at River Oaks?<br></b>Both Bride and Groom must each complete the <a href="Groom_question.html">Groom's Questionaire</a> and the <a href="Bride_questionaire.html">Bride's Questionaire</a>. You will also need to fill out the <a href="Wedding_info.html">Wedding Information</a> page, if requesting the services of a River Oaks Pastor, and/or use of our facilities. Fill out and submit the forms online or you may mail hard copies to:<br><br>River Oaks Community Church<br>
58020 CR 115<br>Goshen, Indiana 46528<br>
ATTN: Pastor Tom Hilliker<br><br>Upon receipt of these forms, we will contact you to schedule a premarital interview with a member of the Pastoral staff. <br><br><b>2. What happens at the premarital interview?<br></b></font><font size="-1" color="#969696" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,SunSans-Regular">You will meet with a Pastoral staff member to discuss wedding plans and details of the questionnaires. We will also review the specific requirements to be married at River Oaks Community Church and/or by a River Oaks Pastor.<br><br>Following the interview, you will make arrangements to meet with <a href="mailto:gpietzak@hotmail.com">John and Gail Pietzak</a>, who direct our <br><a href="Marriage_mentor_min.html">Marriage Mentor Ministry</a>. They will review with you how the counseling process works, help you complete the relational assessment tool known as the ?PREPARE? Inventory, review with you the assessment results and ultimately introduce you to your mentor couple. One purpose of the ?PREPARE? Inventory is to help you identify strengths as well as areas in your relationship requiring specific attention. It also helps alert marriage mentors to issues needing special focus. The premarital counseling experience is designed to meet the unique needs of your relationship. Also, you will be responsible for fees associated with the assessment.<br><br><b>3. What are the specific requirements to be married at River Oaks Community Church or by a River Oaks Pastor?<br></b>All engaged couples must participate in premarital instruction through our Marriage Mentor Ministry. <br>In addition, the Pastors and Elders of River Oaks have determined the following qualifications for marriage at River Oaks:<br><br>A. Wedding applications will be accepted from individuals and families who are members of River Oaks and/or who have been consistently attending for at least 6 months. <br><br>B. Because of the high value placed on premarital counseling, a minimum of 6 months for marital preparation prior to the wedding date is required.<br><br>C. The engaged couple must individually confess a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.<br>River Oaks will not join a believer and unbeliever in marriage. God’s word is clear about spiritual compatibility between marriage partners:<br>

It won't save.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote

Are you using the paste from Word function?

edkiefer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Are you using the paste from Word function?

No I'm using the source button and pasting in the code.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote

It doesn't like something in your HTML tags. Try removing the font tags. You might also check the question marks around PREPARE.

edkiefer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:59 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
It doesn't like something in your HTML tags. Try removing the font tags. You might also check the question marks around PREPARE.

I tried deleting all the tags and it still will not save. Will adding allowableHTML tags to my config.php help?
Quote:
$AllowableHTML = array("table"=>2,"td"=>2,"tr"=>2,"img"=>2,"b"=>1,"i"=>1,"u"=>1,"div"=>2,"a"=>2,"em"=>1,"br"=>1,"strong"=>1,"blockquote"=>1,"tt"=>1,"li"=>1,"ol"=>1,"ul"=>1,"?"=>2,"br /"=>2,"em"=>2,"/em"=>2,"&"=>2,";"=>2,"/p"=>2,"p"=>2);

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote

I have just copies and pasted your text into the Content module editor and it is working fine for me.
I split the text into 2 posts in case it didnt work in an effort to pin point the problem but as it did work, here are two links so you can see for yourself. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Have you created any Content categories and did you remember to select a category before trying to post it?

edkiefer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:23 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
I have just copies and pasted your text into the Content module editor and it is working fine for me.
I split the text into 2 posts in case it didnt work in an effort to pin point the problem but as it did work, here are two links so you can see for yourself. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Have you created any Content categories and did you remember to select a category before trying to post it?

It won't allow me to make a new page or category (another subject). I tried pasting in this text and it wouldn't let me save it. It just pops back to the home page. Here is the text.
Quote:
<font color="#969696"><font size="2"><strong>1. How does the wedding process get started at River Oaks?<br /></strong>Both Bride and Groom must each complete the </font></font><a href="http://riveroaks.org/Adults/Groom_question.html"><font size="2">Groom's Questionaire</font></a><font color="#969696" size="2"> and the </font><a href="http://riveroaks.org/Adults/Bride_questionaire.html"><font size="2">Bride's Questionaire</font></a><font color="#969696" size="2">. You will also need to fill out the </font><a href="http://riveroaks.org/Adults/Wedding_info.html"><font size="2">Wedding Information</font></a><font color="#969696" size="2"> page, if requesting the services of a River Oaks Pastor, and/or use of our facilities. Fill out and submit the forms online or you may mail hard copies to:<br /><br />River Oaks Community Church<br />58020 CR 115<br />Goshen, Indiana 46528<br />ATTN: Pastor Tom Hilliker<br /><br />Upon receipt of these forms, we will contact you to schedule a premarital interview with a member of the Pastoral staff. <br /><br /></font><strong><font color="#969696" size="2">2. What happens at the premarital interview?<br /></font></strong><font face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,SunSans-Regular" color="#969696"><font size="2">You will meet with a Pastoral staff member to discuss wedding plans and details of the questionnaires. We will also review the specific requirements to be married at River Oaks Community Church and/or by a River Oaks Pastor.<br /><br />Following the interview, you will make arrangements to meet with </font><a href="mailto:gpietzak@hotmail.com"><font size="2">John and Gail Pietzak</font></a><font size="2">, who direct our <br /></font><a href="http://riveroaks.org/Adults/Marriage_mentor_min.html"><font size="2">Marriage Mentor Ministry</font></a><font size="2">. They will review with you how the counseling process works, help you complete the relational assessment tool known as the ?PREPARE? Inventory, review with you the assessment results and ultimately introduce you to your mentor couple. One purpose of the ?PREPARE? Inventory is to help you identify strengths as well as areas in your relationship requiring specific attention. It also helps alert marriage mentors to issues needing special focus. The premarital counseling experience is designed to meet the unique needs of your relationship. Also, you will be responsible for fees associated with the assessment.<br /><br /></font><font size="2"><strong>3. What are the specific requirements to be married at River Oaks Community Church or by a River Oaks Pastor?<br /></strong>All engaged couples must participate in premarital instruction through our Marriage Mentor Ministry. <br />In addition, the Pastors and Elders of River Oaks have determined the following qualifications for marriage at River Oaks:<br /><br />A. Wedding applications will be accepted from individuals and families who are members of River Oaks and/or who have been consistently attending for at least 6 months. <br /><br />B. Because of the high value placed on premarital counseling, a minimum of 6 months for marital preparation prior to the wedding date is required.<br /><br />C. The engaged couple must individually confess a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.<br />River Oaks will not join a believer and unbeliever in marriage. God&rsquo;s word is clear about spiritual compatibility between marriage partners:<br /><br /><em>&ldquo;Don&rsquo;t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can goodness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? What harmony can there be between Christ and the Devil? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever? And what union can there be between God&rsquo;s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: &ldquo;I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people. Therefore, come out from them and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord. Don&rsquo;t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you. And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.&rdquo; </em>(2 Cor. 6:14 -18 NLT)<br /><br />D. The engaged couple must abstain from physical intimacy or living together. <br />Sex is a gift from God. He created it! Therefore, we must follow God&rsquo;s directions alone regarding our sexuality. The Bible gives us clear instructions for sex within the parameters of marriage. <br /></font></font>
<p><font face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,SunSans-Regular" color="#969696" size="-1"><em>&ldquo;...our bodies were not made for sexual immorality. They were made for the Lord, and the Lord cares about our bodies.&rdquo; </em>(1 Cor. 6:13 NLT) <br /><br />While many engaged couples who come to River Oaks honor God by abstaining from sexual intimacy, there are others who do not fall under this category. Couples who live together or are sexually active are asked to move apart and covenant with River Oaks to wait until their wedding day before resuming sexual relations. We would like to encourage every couple to make this commitment with us, understanding this to be God&rsquo;s best for your marriage relationship. Please read the <a href="http://riveroaks.org/Adults/Premarital_cov.html">Premarital Covenant.</a><br /><br /><strong>4. If we have our wedding at River Oaks, must we utilize the church <a href="http://riveroaks.org/Adults/Wedding_Coordinator.html">Wedding Coordinator</a>?<br /></strong>Yes. This person is the authorized contact who knows our facility, policies and expectations. Further, this individual will assist in the planning, set up and facilitating of the wedding rehearsal and ceremony at River Oaks.<br /><br /><strong>5. We do not attend River Oaks on a regular basis nor are we members. We have, however, someone to officiate the wedding and would like to use the River Oaks facility. Is this possible?<br /></strong>No. Our facilities are available to River Oaks members and regular attenders only.</font></p>

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:33 am Reply with quote

Is this the standard Content module with just the wysiwyg editor installed?
Is your RavenNuke installation a fresh install or did your convert from some other nuke version?
It seems to me that there is either a corrupt file or a mis-match between the data saving routine and the table fields.

edkiefer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:05 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Is this the standard Content module with just the wysiwyg editor installed?
Is your RavenNuke installation a fresh install or did your convert from some other nuke version?
It seems to me that there is either a corrupt file or a mis-match between the data saving routine and the table fields.

I have rwsRavenNuke76_v2.02.00_FULL with the rwsRavenNuke76WYSIWYG from the Experimental folder installed.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:08 am Reply with quote

That is the same as my production/test site and I am not able to reproduce your problem.
The only thing I can suggest is re uploading the original Conent module, check that to if it is working for creating categores and posting articles.

edkiefer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:18 am Reply with quote

Thanks I will look at that. I'm also going to try linking to a different database on a different server.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote

The problem can only be the result of one of three things.
1. The sql, save data statement isnt working because the file is corrupt or has been edited incorrectly in some manner.
2 The sql save data statement is not working because there is a mis-match between the fields it is trying to save to and the actual fields held in the DB
3 Some html tags you are trying to use are prohibited.

Based on the fact that you said you could not create categories, this would lead me to the conclusion that either the first or second problem exists.
In order to narrow this down to either the first or second problem, uploading the original Content module would help in identifying which of the two it might be.

edkiefer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:56 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
The problem can only be the result of one of three things.
1. The sql, save data statement isnt working because the file is corrupt or has been edited incorrectly in some manner.
2 The sql save data statement is not working because there is a mis-match between the fields it is trying to save to and the actual fields held in the DB
3 Some html tags you are trying to use are prohibited.

Based on the fact that you said you could not create categories, this would lead me to the conclusion that either the first or second problem exists.
In order to narrow this down to either the first or second problem, uploading the original Content module would help in identifying which of the two it might be.

I uploaded the original content module. Still not able to create new categories or pages.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:43 pm Reply with quote

Like Guardian said, it appears to be a database problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic