Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
gbhughs
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote

Is it possible to move my postnuke members db over to this RavenNuke76 v2.x Distro version?

The reason I ask is because I have over 12,000 members.
I hope there is a solution, cause I cant stand pn!!

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:21 pm Reply with quote

I am not aware of any already written conversion programs, but you could dump the database schemas (structures) and compare them to see what would need to be done to load them in.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:31 pm Reply with quote

lol i was just looking at them...
as far as i see they are to different...
but im sure someone can write a convert script for you

kortoom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote

i had a postnuke installation and dumped it because the documentation was so poor. the way the themes work in postnuke is much different from phpnuke, which caused all sorts of confusion (for me, anyway).

gbhughs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quote

kortoom, I dont think your alone here.
It looks like it would cause all sorts of confusion (for me, Too!!).

The ideas above all sound good, but gotta admit, its over my head.

Where would be a good place to HIRE someone to do this?
And what kinda fee would be acceptable for a job like this?

kortoom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote

Let me help you out here, gbhughs: i know from tough experience that you should NOT hire anyone until you can explain to that person EXACTLY what they are to do. And you can't do that until you understand the system yourself. My recommendation is that you spend your time breaking and fixing your site and hiring someone only after you have a thurough understanding of how your site works. you and i have it easy, thanks to these opensource folks, because we have an entire documented system right out of the gate. Figuring out Raven is a zillion times easier than trying to learn *nix/php/mysql from the ground up, and once you get it, you can hire someone with confidence.

gbhughs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:55 pm Reply with quote

Good Advice kortoom.

I only want to move my users db and not the whole site.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Should be relatively easy. Compare the users table structure between those two and manipulate until they match. I doubt that PostNuke has changed it too much from phpNuke

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
gbhughs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:15 pm Reply with quote

Thanks evaders99......

I will try that and see how it goes.......

gbhughs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quote

Ok for those of you who may have been following this, or have a pnNuke site and what to switch over to ravens package.
I found a way to get your users transferred over to this database.

Make a backup of PostNuke's _users table with phpMyAdmin, make sure you select "complete inserts", the backup will
have the table's structure and insert lines for all users, these will look something like:

Quote:
INSERT INTO `_users` VALUES (1, '', 'Anonymous', '', '', '', 'blank.gif', '1055706103', '', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, '', '', '', '', 10, '', 0, 0, 0, '', 0, '', '', 4096, 0, '12.0');

Here is where I kinda had a brain fart and so may you. pnNuke refers to users table as ` _users`
phpNuke refers to this table as `nuke_users`. So all you need to do here is put nuke in front of _users.

Copy those insert lines into a separate file and insert between `nuke_users` and VALUES the following:

Quote:
(user_id, name, username, user_email, femail, user_website, user_avatar, user_regdate, user_icq, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_viewemail, user_theme, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_password, storynum, umode, uorder, thold, noscore, bio, ublockon, ublock, theme, commentmax, counter, user_timezone)

Your finished code should look something like this now:

Quote:
INSERT INTO `nuke_users` (user_id, name, username, user_email, femail, user_website, user_avatar, user_regdate, user_icq, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_viewemail, user_theme, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_password, storynum, umode, uorder, thold, noscore, bio, ublockon, ublock, theme, commentmax, counter, user_timezone) VALUES (1, '', 'Anonymous', '', '', '', 'blank.gif', '1055706103', '', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, '', '', '', '', 10, '', 0, 0, 0, '', 0, '', '', 4096, 0, '12.0');

I uploaded over 18,000 members to my new Raven's RavenNuke76 v2.x Distro site, and so far it has worked like a charm.........

Good Luck

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic