Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
dynn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:43 am Reply with quote

i try to d/load raven lastest version scripts but the file the file is not fully downloded?? anyone can help??

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:37 am Reply with quote

I'd check to see if your host has some kind of a limit. Or, if your connection is too slow it may be timing out. There's nothing wrong on the server end.

VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quote

HTTP downloads are problematic. For instance, if the transfer pukes the first time, then it will fail the second time, and the third, et cetera, because browsers will simply download it from their cache. So, make sure you clear your browsers cache after a HTTP transfer fails! The same applies to upload failures also... Wink

FTP is the best way to go. Why? Because FTP contains error detection AND correction. Unfortunately, HTTP seems to be the way of the world these days, so these things will happen from time-to-time.

VinDSL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:09 pm Reply with quote

Heh! Possibility #2... Are you using Firefox, by any chance?

Firefox has a well known bug that causes downloads to stop prematurely, but reports them as being successfully completed. The 'trick' is to use a download manager with Firefox, thereby circumventing the bug...

Personally, I use 'Free Download Manager' via the 'FlashGot' extension. You can find them here:

Free Download Manager: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

FlashGot extension: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

BTW, whether or not you have 'problems', you should be using 'Free Download Manager', or something like it. FDM improves my download speeds by about 25%, and I've NEVER had a failure, as far as I can remember...

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quote

No argument with VinDSL, for sure. However, I use FF Deer Park Alpha 1 and have never experienced any d/l problems.

mokee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:35 pm Reply with quote

Yes, it is Firefox, since I had it happen to me also. I just used a different web browser, and downloaded it that way.

I will try out that DownLoad Managers that Raven & VinDSL mentioned, since it sounds good idea, and I haven't tried one before.

Moke

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:27 pm Reply with quote

Switch to Deer Park (the future FireFox) Smile

dynn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:43 pm Reply with quote

ok i will try to d/load the FDM...i will update on the result.

dynn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:49 pm Reply with quote

woww...fantastic...with FDM my d/load become more effective..now the problem on downloading the reven scripts is settle...

thanks a lot dude...

RavensScripts

VinDSL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:58 am Reply with quote

dynn wrote:
woww...fantastic...with FDM my d/load become more effective..now the problem on downloading the reven scripts is settle...

Yeah, FDM rules! I'm running 1.5/896 DSL here at the house, and 127 kb/s is the highest 'normal' download speed (1 sector). With FDM, I typically get >160 kb/s (8 sectors).

Be sure to select 'Heavy Mode' in FDM for the maximum speed possible! Wink

Last edited by VinDSL on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total 
dynn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:27 am Reply with quote

thanks again....i solved my 2 months problem to d/load raven script.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:58 am Reply with quote

Is this FDM compatible with FF?

VinDSL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:41 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Is this FDM compatible with FF?

Sorry for the delayed response -- missed this somehow... Embarassed

Yes, FDM is compatible with FF, but you'll need to install an extension to integrate them together properly...

FDM (Free Download Manager): [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

FlashGot (FF extension): [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

FDM is a standalone product, of course. FlashGot integrates FDM into FF.

For best results, use 'Heavy Mode', and DO NOT have FDM 'monitor' FF.
Leave the box unchecked, and let FlashGot do the dirty work...

It's a wicked combination... Twisted Evil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic