Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
Grignak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:26 am Reply with quote

I currently have tried this on both Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2000 Server running Apache 2.0.55 with PHP 5.1.1. I get the same exact error on both systems when I go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

'; $db = mysql_select_db($dbname); if (!$db) {rnInstallErr(3); die();} echo 'Database '.$dbname.' found!
'; function rnInstallErr($errNum) { if ($errNum==1) die('It appears that your nuke config.php file is either missing or the permissions are not allowing it to be accessed. Please verify the config.php is in your root folder where your mainfile.php is located and has permissions of at least 644. Then try running the Install script again.

I have created a new user in MySQL and given it full rights to the database. Anyone have an idea? I have verified that the config.php file is there. Thank you.

Grignak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Also if I click on the install tables button it gives me the following error:

403 Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /installation/< on this server

Could this be an issue with the default Apache configuration?

kerflop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:49 pm Reply with quote

This maybe a stupid question but did you edit your config.php file to include all you database info (dbname, dbuname, password, etc)...

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:08 pm Reply with quote

Looks like a corrupted file

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Grignak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:19 am Reply with quote

I have redownloaded the package a number of times. I've tried it on like 5 different computers now with all different versions of Apache, PHP and MySQL. I get the same exact problem on all of them. And yes I have edited the config.php file with the correct info. I can install PHPNuke just fine. But the Raven distro I can't get past this error.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:03 pm Reply with quote

Have you tried this on Apache 1.3.x, mySQL 4.0.x and PHP 4.4.x?

Also, just curious, you may want to try downloading with FireFox (if you have not already) and make sure you are using a quality "unzip" type program. So many people have installed this without this issue that we need to find out what is different about your situation.

Thanks

Grignak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:02 pm Reply with quote

I have tried the downgrading the versions to the ones you suggested. I still get the same problem. I'm pretty much at my wits end with this hehe. I think I've tried every combination of every version of php, mysql and apache that is available for download. I have even tried it on differen operating systems on different computers.

evaders99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:43 am Reply with quote

Really just seems like a corrupt file. Try downloading a clean package?

Grignak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:51 am Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
Really just seems like a corrupt file. Try downloading a clean package?

I think I already replied to this above. Is there anyone here that actually has this running on a windows 2000 server with Apache2?

nighttrror

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:48 am Reply with quote

I just installed the latest distro from raven on a local machine before changing the phpnuke production site and had the same problems.

After pulling my hair out for a couple hours I realized the problem and the solution. I don't know if you had the same problem or not but the problem for me was php's usage of the short tag. In php5 they forced this option as off which caused a slew of problems with ravens distro.

I had the same exact errors the above poster had and realized that the php code wasn't being parsed properly which set off a bell and I remembered the problems with php5 and old apps that used the short tag.

In order to use ravens distro and probably alot of other mods you will have to make sure the short_open_tag is set to "On" where you plan to host your ravennuke site. If not, well you have alot of editing to do Razz A simple test is to upload a sample php file with nothing but "<?php phpinfo() ?>" in it and call that file by name from your site. Search for short_open_tag and see if it is on or off.

To further explain, php uses certain tags to allow the preprocessor to know that the following is php code and should be analyzed as such. This tag can be in the long form which simply means that the code is in the form "<?php ... ?>" or short form "<? ... ?>".

Starting with php5 they set this value to off. So if your experiencing this problem I would suggest looking at your php.ini file and searching for "short" and see what the value is. If you installed 5 first but then downgraded to prior versions; chances are you probably didn't change the php.ini file.

I hope this helps...I know I had a nice laugh/cry when I finally realized the reason...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic