Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
cme4pt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:19 pm Reply with quote

I am having difficulty with the message block forcing the right hand blocks downward on the index page. I have looked at the code and I can't seem to find the offending miscoding. Any ideas on where I might find this piece of problematic coding. It could be I changed something in one of the files, but at this point I have transferred working files from another site and still have the same problem.

You can see what I mean at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thanks!

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:01 pm Reply with quote

First of all, verify that it is or is not a theme issue. Try DeepBlue or Sand_Journey and see if you have the same problem. If you do, then I have to suspect it's something that you may have done because I haven't noticed the issue in any of my testing. If it doesn't happen in the other themes then it's a theme issue.

cme4pt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:04 pm Reply with quote

I've tried the other themes. No joy there. Still not displaying correctly. Any ideas where the code might be that I might have changed? Otherwise I'll just start uploading fresh files. And BTW, congrats on the new Ravenette. Has she started coding yet?

cme4pt

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote

speedtype

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote

Did you attempt to load the WYSIWYG editor? I noticed the submit news isn't working...

cme4pt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:37 am Reply with quote

The editor is loaded and working fine. The submit news is inactive due to the nature of the website. It is just the formatting of the message block that is messed up. I probably in my tweaking of some things messed up a piece of code somewhere. I just ain't quite sure where.

cme4pt

P.S. Raven, I'm a Wichita State Alum, former Wichita resident and pleased as punch to see my Shocks finally back to winning at basketball. GO SHOCKERS!

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote

I'm a Hoosier that's been transplanted Wink

cme4pt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:24 pm Reply with quote

Ok, Guys I found the problem or at least what starts it.

It happens when I import the stories database from the "live" site which is running nuke 6.8 to the beta site which is running Raven's 7.6 2.02 with the patches.

I ran a compare files on the two sql dumps of the two stories databases.

Here is the compare results below:

1a1
> --
29c30
< ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2 ;
---
> ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=125 ;
33,35c34,35
< --
<
< INSERT INTO `nuke_stories` VALUES (1, 0, 'Ken_Mailly', 'this is a test', '2006-02-18 15:15:05', 'This is a test&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;', 'This is a test', 0, 0, 2, 'Ken_Mailly', '', 0, 'english', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, '');
---
>
> INSERT INTO `nuke_stories` VALUES (124, 0, 'cme4pt', 'This is a test', '2006-02-18 15:10:33', 'This is a test', 'This is a test', 0, 0, 2, 'cme4pt', '', 0, 'english', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, '');

Any ideas?

cme4pt

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote

Did you upgrade your stories table from 6.8 to 7.6 before importing? You need to do that.

cme4pt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote

Ok, that is what I thought the problem was. I was trying to import everything to the beta site before I did the upgrade to the old database.

I was trying to find a way to selectively upgrade the tables that I wanted to import.

Thanks for the assist.

cme4pt
slowly learning.....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic