Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
aaricwon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote

This site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] was hacked a while ago. I need to fix it. It had 1 large story up which was an offensive picture.

When you click the links up top it says "module not active" now for all of them. I don't know what to do. I can't log in either and am unsure why. I can get to the database and change my username/password but it makes no difference, it just won't let me log in...

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote

There are several "How to recover from" documents floating around - including on this site.

There are also several recommendations about using different passwords for your cpanel login, nuke database access, nuke user and nuke admin user.

It sounds like your admin user has been compromised, enabling the attacker to disable your modules (although this could also be done with SQL injection), which are easy enough to enable once you have admin access or using a SQL tool like phpMyAdmin.

Do you have have any photo gallery or chat scripts installed? These can sometimes cause problems by opening holes even NukeSentinel can't stop, as will modules, typically ported, that do not use standard Nuke database access methods.

Do you not have NukeSentinel installed? If not, that would the first thing to do after restoring your admin access. Make sure you use admin authentication.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quote

Here's a start.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic