Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
tweaker
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote

Is there a way I can install RavenNuke and keep all of our posts and everything or is RavenNuke a complete rewrite and I'm hosed?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote

Search th forums here fro 'downgrade to 7.6' you will probably need to downgrade our 7.9 site to 7.6 before contemplating a move to RN7.6 to keep valuable data such as forum posts, user data, news articles etc.

tweaker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote

OK cool, so there is a potential path. I take my working 7.9 and build my beta box (not gonna test on a live server ya know, I was crazy enough to install 7.9, you think I don't learn <grin>), downgrade it to phpNuke 7.6 and get it all happy/happy.. then load RN7.6 on top of it? My goal is to obviously keep the 7.9 data and put it to use with RN7.6.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Basically yes apart from loading RN7.6 on top - that will not work, you would need to remove any existing files.
Further info can be found in the RN7.6 forums regarding 'moving' to RN7.6

tweaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:34 pm Reply with quote

Ah cool, so I think I understand.

Take my current 7.9 phpnuke and downgrade. It's under /html, which I don't like anyway.

Take RN7.6 and install it under / and set it up.

Then search the forums here for how to move the data on your existing phpnuke7.6 site over to RN7.6. Have I got it?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote

Thats about it but you shold read more before you start, that way you have a better idea of what is needed.
Remember, backup, backup, backup - especially the database and its data!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic