Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:50 am Reply with quote

I need to install m2f for phpnuke. m2f is/was written for PHPBB stand alone. However, there has been a long going effort to port it to nuke and progress has been made, but noone seems to have THE way of installing it. There's always something missing or whatever.

I need to get this working for a client and we need it ASAP. Can anyone help?

dean
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quote

I've been watching the M2f board for nearly two years hoping someone would make installation instructions for newbies. Package that Raven and you will start the next nuke revolution..........

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote

I hate to ask but what the heck is m2f ?Cancel that - I just found it.

drmike
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:57 am Reply with quote

I had to go look it up as well. It's a mail to forum mod for PHPBB in case anyone didn't know.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

-drmike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote

you might want to take a look at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] , it is the home of CM2F, it has builtin support for a several CMS, one of them being PHPNUKE.

Some users have it already working in PHPNUKE. And according to the last posts, one of the last problems that with the PEAR function in one of the modules has been solved.

Salut
Maurice

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Thank you for that Maurice.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote

Just received
Quote:
Mail2Forum integrates the world of email and web-based forums.

As we creep closer to v1.0, this release candidate should be very close to the final deal. Try it out and report back to the new and improved M2F forum at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

What's new in Release Candidate 1:

- New logic for detecting deleted, locked, and moved topics.
- Added ability to put line breaks in the message footers.
- Added user signature to outgoing text email.
- Fixed problem with converting unordered lists from HTML email to bbcode post.
- Added some PEAR compatibility functions for users of older PHP versions.
- Updated POP3 PEAR package.
- A few minor tweaks to the admin and user panels to hopefully make them clearer.
- Numerous minor updates to the install instructions.

Prerequisites:

- Working PhpBB 2.0.x installation
- MySQL or Postgres database (other databases should work, but haven't been tested)
- PHP 4.2.1 or later

See the download link here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The M2F Team

maurice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:56 am Reply with quote

Seems that they are thinking in asking money for it:)

salut

Maurice

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:39 am Reply with quote

It would be worth the moneyfor M2F if they get it working with phpNuke but one has to question the logic of moving to a 'pay' script business model when their competitor (CM2F) is still free.
As posted in another thread, I now have CM2F fully functional and working with nuke 7.5 with th exception of a few undisplayed graphics which I'm looking into now.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:06 pm Reply with quote

G,

PLEASE send me what you have. I need it desperartely!! PM me a link to grab it with installation instructions,

maurice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:00 am Reply with quote

Hello all,

i have just been talking with Danyblue regarding your needs, and if you want it can help you increasing the stability of the PHPNUKE part.

Raven, if you want he can setup also the RC 04 version of CM2F in your PHPNUKE website, as he have done for Guardian, this will allow to make more tests on other website than his, which in turn makes a better troubleshooting of the module.

Salut,

Maurice

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:43 am Reply with quote

Absolutely. I will send details later today.

maurice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:07 am Reply with quote

Send the details through the PM system of digitalgraal, it is how we communicate, danyblue account is digitalgraal (the site admin).

Salut,

Maurice

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:50 am Reply with quote

<Bump>
There have been significant developments of this script over the last few months.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote

Which link?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:28 am Reply with quote

Oops, forgot he has had a move around
Site is now at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

My own fixes so far are here (they are very minor ones) [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

If you want to see it in action (installed) just PM me and I'll send you everything you need as I have it installed at code-authors.com

Taz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I have been reading posts here and teh faq on this CM2F, it sounds very interesting. I read over the installation file, which says it's easy to install, but so far I cannot piece together exactly how to get it running.

Have either of you done it sucessfully? Do you have any additional text files explaining the install? i'm going to attempt it, but I don't have a lot of confidence.

Thanks
Chris

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote

I certainly would not recommend this script to anyone who is not confident with nuke and installing nuke modules/editing files.

As with any claim to 'it is easy' - it's subjective and largely depends on your experience level. Stripping a car engine and rebuilding it is 'easy' if you have done it a few times.

I have not tested it's full functionality myself yet as I have been kept busy with work, my business and other things but if you have a real need to have this, then I'll be glad to assist you.

Taz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote

lol Yeah I have to agree with you, the documentation is just wierd. I have fought through it and I can see the mod in the phpbb admin console. I am trying to help the guy out by getting it working and re-writing his installation document for phpnuke. I have a few errors I am working out, I don't mind trying anything so I'll beat my head against the wall for awhile.

I do have a need for it, but I wish I could read somewhere all the functions, because once again it may be over kill or not do what I am looking for. I have thought to just switch to vbulletin because it has what I want already, users can subscribe to each forum and receive posts to those forums without participating in the threads. BUT I DON'T wanna pay for it! lol
What's new . . . everyone wants something for NOTHING! That about wraps it up.

Well you have answered my questions. If you want, I'll post my findind here.
Chris

Taz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quote

Guardian? Are you the same person that posts on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] as Guardian??

Anyway, I have CM2F installed, now just figuring out how to use it. Still working on redocumenting the install. Have to review some phpinfo for install to work properly.

Later,
Chris

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:29 pm Reply with quote

Taz wrote:
Guardian? Are you the same person that posts on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] as Guardian??

Yes

Taz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote

Hey that's great. I have been enjoying messing around with CM2F. Just wish I could spend more time on it. Been doing it at night. Still trying to understand how it works. I had a couple of questions about it I posted on his site. I don't know if you have had a chance to review them or not.

Should I see anything related to Cm2f in my forums when I am logged into them as a regular joe user? I don't, and that makes me believe I still don't have something right in my theme.

The other issue had to do with his instructions, the last set said to open posting.php, and in that group toward the end, the instructions start looking like someone was DRINKING heaviliy when they were written lol. Or I was drinking when I read them haha!

Anyway, a shove in the right direction with either problem would be appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote

The link to 'subscribe' to a mailing list is added to overall_header.tpl
Be aware though that this file can exist in 2 different places as discussed on the authors forums depending on whether or not you are using a custom nuke THEME with its own forum template such as fisubice.

Taz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:48 am Reply with quote

I am still working with the author of this mod, so far it is installed. I am getting mail from outside email into the forums but not able to get the forums mail to go out when posted on the site. Intersting package but the language barrier is making it difficult to get it up and running.

I am hoping to get it running, and then to write a document on installation and support for php-nuke. I'll post it here if anyone is interested.

Rebtim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quote

I'm definately interested. I've been messing with trying to figure out how to enable my users to subscribe to forums for last 3 weeks. Is there a difference between the M2F at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] & CM2F at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Other then these two I've found there are very few forum notifcation modules out there for phpnuke. I did find a couple of others:

Email Digest [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
This sounds great but is too advanced/complicated of an install for my beginning knowledge of php coding. It only sends emails out as notifications users have to go to forum to post. It does have a great weekly or daily digest option which would be great.

Forum Notification 1.4 [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
This is an intermediate install and what I am currently using on my phpnuke 7.6 website running on phpbb 2.0.18. There was only one adjustment I had to make to the coding but it works great. It adds a button called "Watch this Forum" in the view forums. It works like the "Watch this Topic" does in the Topics view. It does not offer a daily digest option, and everyone does have to log onto the site to post but it does get the job done.

I've researched the M2F Mail to Forum at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and it is by far the best one I've seen so far since it can do all of the above. However I haven't found one that can be integrated into PHPnuke without a lot of advanced knowledge of coding to make the proper adjustments. To me this sounds like the cream of the crop of all the Forum notification modules that are out there right now for PHPnuke phpbb (which are very few indeed)

This is the first I've heard of CM2F though at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I'm wondering what the differences are between it and the M2F since they are competitors. But beggers can't be choosers and I'm not a php code guru so I'll take what I can get. I would be so thrilled if you'd post your install package for CM2F on this website.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic