Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Announcements
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:34 am Reply with quote

I am preparing to release updates to the following applications soon. Obviously, I have many irons in the fire, so I won't commit to specific time frames, but look for releases of the following, sooner than later Wink. If there are other utilities/applications/hacks that I have written/modified in the past that you feel need updating, please reply to this thread and list the download name and what needs updating. I will consider all suggestions.

To Be Released
Recent Posts v2.3.0 © - Released 1/19/2006
Site Info v2.2.0 ©
KISGB v5.2 ©
CachLite Admin Module v1.00 ©
Auto Activate Mod

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 pm Reply with quote

PM'ed you some suggestions for future (or current) RN release.

-sting

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Raven,
Are you going to build these into the next release of RavenNuke?

Dawg

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote

Dawg wrote:
Raven,
Are you going to build these into the next release of RavenNuke?

Dawg

Nope. These are just other applications that I have written and/or maintain. My original plan is still the plan. There were a handful of application types that the community here felt were mandatory for an out-of-the-box CMS. My plans are always current at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

sting

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:19 pm Reply with quote

Raven - I don't mind picking up the GT-NG testing. I have been playing around with over at NukeHaven and there are some really strange oddities that I have discovered. Be happy to use NH as the testing grounds for it.

-sting

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:28 am Reply with quote

sting - I had already prepared an experimental package of GT NG for RN 7.6 2.0.x
If you have discovered any anomolies in the re-writing could you PM me your findings please so we can collaborate.

sting

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:36 am Reply with quote

NICE! Didn't realize that you had done that - sorry - still not completely caught up. Is it available for dload at your site?

-sting

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote

Not yet as I have not bothered with the nuke_table modification yet - I was trying to avoid it but it seems inevitable.

sting

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote

I would be really interested in checking it out, maybe putting our heads together on it we could come up with a way to rule the galaxy or something.

-sting

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote

The problem are the tables and the nuke_modules. I used for the Distro GT Next Gen and had nice url s but I stopped working on that after I found out that I can´t add new modules.
@sting
If you are interested there is another GT for Nuke 7.x but I don´t know if this really works the orginal is from nukecops.com I ´ve never checked this out. The update is from dez 2005. Works without .htaccess.

sting

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote

What do you mean by not adding new modules? Part of the fun of GT NG was that it was module based - I added several modules along the way - or are you meaning you can't add new modules and have it automatically pick it up?

That may be part of the limitation with .htaccess style re-writes in general. Then again it seems to me that we may be able to dynamically pass those re-writes.

Then again I could have had way too much coffee today.

-sting

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:54 pm Reply with quote

That was my problem.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

sting

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote

Okay - responded there...

-sting

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:15 am Reply with quote

sting, you may also want to look at my GTBlock Hack at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] It was originally written for .4 version of GTNG and with a few extra lines of code it avoids the need for hard-coding / modifying block files to be GT'd. I have not had time to pull together a .4a version, but it will give you an idea what has been working on my site for about three months now. Just a quick side note: it took Guardian's PM this morning to knock me over the head and realize that with my GTBlocks hack, I didn't have to install the main menu tweak! I could have just written a GTB-block-Sommaire.php scripts file! Bang Head

By the way, I heard you, or Guardian, may be working the GTNG for RN76! That is awesome. However, please, please, please, whatever you do, lets improve upon this thing to not require folks to hard-code any GT links.

Let me know if you would like me to test anything you come up with. Montego Scripts is now on RavenNuke76 2.02 as of this weekend... nothing like running it on a live site to ensure we find and fix problems ASAP. HitsFan

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:17 am Reply with quote

Montego wrote:
nothing like running it on a live site to ensure we find and fix problems ASAP.

Thanks for the confidence boost killing me

sting

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:24 am Reply with quote

Montego - going to get Raven to set up a GTNG/RN 76 forum so we can start this thing off right...

-sting

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:08 pm Reply with quote

sting wrote:
Montego - going to get Raven to set up a GTNG/RN 76 forum so we can start this thing off right...

-sting

Great idea!

montego

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote

Ah, now I understand what I've been postin' too. killing me

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic