Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account
TekSerMan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:33 pm Reply with quote

I'm using PcNuke Max and cnbya 4.4.2 and I've tried resending activation emails to users and when I click resend activation, I get a box that says the email has been sent but they haven't been getting recieved, So I turned on display errors and tried to resend an activation email to see what if any errors I might see and got this one:

"Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 530 authentication required - for help go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] in X:\Www\www\site3\modules\Your_Account\admin\resendmailconf.php on line 40"

Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks,
TekserMan

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Check your settings in CNB YA. If there is a setting that references using SMTP, turn it off OR specify the authentication your SMTP server requires.

TekSerMan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Check your settings in CNB YA. If there is a setting that references using SMTP, turn it off OR specify the authentication your SMTP server requires.

There is no where to specify smtp authorization, that's what the problem is and I need to be able to resend activation emails which is where I get the errors! Under preferences in nuke there is a setting for Admin email which is has no setting for an smtp password, which is where I'm guessing cnbya gets it's smtp data from. The settings in phpbb2 are correct and working properly too! the only place I have problems is Under cnbya not being able to get or send an smtp password, there are only these options in cnbya relating to email:

Email Options
Server can send mail? Yes No - Set to Yes
Notify Admin of User Registration:
(Only if server can send mail) Yes No - Set to Yes
Notify Admin of User Deactivation:
Use Email Activation?
Allow User Email Change: Yes No - Set to No
Validate Email Changes
(Only if server can send mail) Yes No - Set to No

I was hoping there was some code I could put in there to force cnbya to ask for an smtp password and therefore have it's own settings to function on!

Thanks
TekserMan

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quote

I must've been mistaking 4.4.2 with the beta 5.0. There is a way to do it, of course, but I don't have it handy right now. If you're inclined to sling some code, you can find details by looking at the phpmailer class - there was a story here about some mod / tweak / etc. that uses it or something like it...

TekSerMan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote

can you give me more info on phpmail I dl'd it and I see it's to be integrated into php scripts as an include but would I need it to integrate it into nuke itself or cnbya? also is beta 5.0 available for dl? I'd like to be a beta tester it if possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account

View next topic
View previous topic