Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Enhancement Requests
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:30 am Reply with quote

As this refreshes the page at intervals in order to circumvent any browser timeout issues etc, is it really necessary to keep reloading the header and left blocks?
Perhaps I'm just being 'picky' and the only one that has half the world banned from my site but my line of thought is that *most* users will be using a shared server hosting environment, if it were possible to not have the header or left blocks refresh along with the page, it might be a little more bandwidth friendly for them - especially if they have some largish banner/logo file sizes.
Perhaps it might be possible to do away with the header and side blocks entirely.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:51 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately it has to speak to the server each time to see if there has been a time out and then restart from that point. Unless we wanted to use an IFRAME or even an AJAX type communication, there is no other way.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:56 pm Reply with quote

Thank you for the response Raven.
That certainly clears that one up lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Enhancement Requests

View next topic
View previous topic