Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
Dataworld_Technology

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:45 am Reply with quote

I have installed your package as described in the QUICKSTART. I went through everything as listed but keep getting banned and cannot go further. I cannot even login to admin because my IP keeps getting banned for referer, all I am doing is typing the address in the browser. This is what comes up everytime:

Quote:
You have been blocked from entering this site.

Your Referer in not allowed to refer to this site.

All of the following information has been gathered to assist the webmaster should this need to be reported to local or federal law enforcement.

If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at MY EMAIL HERE.

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)
Remote Address: MY IP HERE
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: none
Date Blocked: 2006-01-21 @ 11:43:42 EST GMT -0500
Block expires: Unknown

I have removed my IP from the nsnst_blocked_ips table in the database but I cannot get further. I am an advanced user, but have never dealt with sentinel before. If someone could tell me how to disable that so I can get further it would be appreciated.

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote

FTP into your site and remove or rename the htaccess and staccess from the root dir. That should solve the access problem....

Dataworld_Technology

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote

no.. it does the same thing, still getting banned.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:02 pm Reply with quote

Use phpMyAdmin and edit the nuke_nsnst_blockers table. Look for Blocker 6 referer. Set activate to ZERO. That should let you in. Then, look at the list of blocked referers and see why yours is in there and getting blocked.

Dataworld_Technology

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Raven.. I could have tried that.. but what I did is added my IP range to protected ranges in the phpmysql admin and got in.. as soon as I get this working right .. I will take time to donate, don't worry.. I see a lot of work involved in your project.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quote

That will, of course, circumvent the issue, but it would be advantageous to know why you have a referer that is getting banned. Because, that could mean that you could/would be banned going to other sites.

Dataworld_Technology

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quote

I get banned quite often by sites with nuke sentinel.. that is how I stumbled upon your site and figured I would give it a try. The reason is referer and I believe it has to do with McaFee Privacy Service or something in that area... I believe it is blocking because my privacy does not allow my referal information... displaying xxxx. I know this can be shut off, but maybe that should be a default seting on your next release... to allow blockage by firewall.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quote

It's interesting though that you don't get blocked here.

tweaker
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:58 am Reply with quote

I've followed this thread and even did what raven suggested the removal of the .htaccess and .staccess. I still get blocked.

Here's my setup.

I'm running CentOS 4.2 on a virtual machine. My IP, 192.168.69.100 is the one that keeps getting blocked by Sentinel. Yes my external admin can do things just fine. Any clues?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Raven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:05 am Reply with quote

From your main NukeSentinel(tm) admin panel, do a serach for IP 192.168.69.100 and see if it comes up in the blocked IP listing.

tweaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:12 am Reply with quote

I can't. Everytime I click on something it instantly blocks me. It does get added to the nuke_nsnst_blocked_ips for which I delete it then click again, back it goes again.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:51 am Reply with quote

Have your admin search if he can get in.

tweaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:42 pm Reply with quote

I am the admin interestingly enough. There are others that could help but they're away this weekend and I told Taz that I'm giving it another shot and this weekened was it.

tweaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quote

OK I found that the entire block (192.168.0.x - 192.168.255.x) was in the block. I had someone on the outside to it for me that I trusted.

I just tried again to get in and I'm still blocked.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quote

You need to have that block removed from the blocked IP's ranges table. And make sure that it is removed from the blocked ip table and .htaccess also.

tweaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:02 pm Reply with quote

Yeah we finally got it.

We also had a cookie problem since it was in a sub folder /raven. But there's two problems I have here.

My virtual server's name is bambu.abcstore.lan and the physical pc is sake.abcstore.lan accessable via [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to the world. The site's name kept preventing me from getting in so now I'm having to use [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to get to my "local" site. If I do [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] it automatically blocks me. No questions asked.

So I allowed my external IP address to get in and everythings now fine, so far.

Now do I go ahead and downgrade my /html (7.9) to the 7.6 or wait?

wickedmellow

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Use phpMyAdmin and edit the nuke_nsnst_blockers table. Look for Blocker 6 referer. Set activate to ZERO. That should let you in. Then, look at the list of blocked referers and see why yours is in there and getting blocked.

I continue to get blocked everytime I install, login as an admin, and then select any of the admin buttons (modules for example). I've gone over every post I can find and I know that in the config file $admin_file = "admin"; and I've tried everything in the Sentinel FAQ. I'm not sure how to edit .htaccess though and when I use phpMyAdmin and look at nuke_nsnst_blockers I don't see the "blocker 6 referer", I'm just not quite familiar enough maybe, but I'm hoping someone can offer some advise. I want to use this over any other build I've looked into but it may just be too complicated for me to install at this point, even if the install guide was very helpful getting it started I can't use it. Thanks for any help, is appreciated!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic