Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
DisposablHero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:40 am Reply with quote

First of all I will say Great Job Raven! The install of 7.6 distro 2 went amazingly smooth for me....which is saying alot.

My problem is that I am switching hosts and I want to move our old forums over to the new site so I won't loose the info. When I tried moving the db over I had no problems with the Users at first but I think when I moved the forums over I started getting errors....something about Admin_sessions I am trying to avoid recreating the problem since it is a total pain but I am looking for advice. The old site I believe was nuke 7.4 and phpbb 2.0.10. Am I going to have to patch the old site up to the same versions before I can move it?

Sorry this isn't as clear as it could be but I am a n00b and I'll try to clarify if there is specifics you need.

Worse comes to worse I'll just copy/paste and get it done but I would rather save the forum structures and posts as is.

Thanks for your time.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:38 am Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply. I missed your post. You most definitely will need to upgrade you current forums to 7.6 using bbtonuke upgrade scripts from Chatserv. Then the transfer should go rather smoothly.

DisposablHero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Ok thanks alot Raven. You actually replied at about the perfect time. This week is "work on the website" week.....probably should uninstall Armies so I have time to do the work Wink

Darrell3831
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote

Can I please get clarification on this.

I had nuke 7.5 phpbb 2.0.15. I installed rwsNuke7.6 2.02 which has phpBB 2.0.19.

To save my forums I must run the these BBtoNuke upgrade scripts:

15 to 16, 16 to 17, 17 to 18, 18 to 19 against the old site database.

Then export all the bb* tables and import them into the 7.6 database.

Right?

Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:30 pm Reply with quote

That's what I would recommend. You can always try to load what you have because there weren't a lot of db changes in those upgrades. That way you would only have to work with the ones that kick out.

Darrell3831

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:18 am Reply with quote

Thanks Rave,

I appreciate the confirmation. I'll give it a shot in a little bit.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic