Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
GeoffM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote

I've seen the "How to.." Section 3.7.... but that only describes initial setups using "$nuke1_", "$nuke2_", "$nuke_common_" ect. but what I want to do is dump a freash install to an existing site one directory down from the site and pull the existing data form the dbase to test with (like Mods themes blocks version upgrades, ect)

My Searches have prove fruitless at this point (or I'm using the wrong Keywords)

1) is it possible?

2) if yes, How so....?

Since I make a copy of the Nuke version prior to any editing I should state that I would be running the exact same version of the existing site to test with (to run the second copy) originally I thought of creating a .htaccess file with the redirect in the test folder put thought this was way to simple

Webmaster [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

All Sites use PHP-Nuke 7.3 and up 
evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:16 pm Reply with quote

Yes, it will work. Just set the config values the same.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
GeoffM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:35 pm Reply with quote

you mean of course using an .htaccess file?

evaders99

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:42 pm Reply with quote

Huh? Why would you need .htaccess ?
Just edit your config.php to point to the same tables

GeoffM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quote

hmmm blank page (no I didn't do the htacess thing)

viewing source is revealing though

evaders99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote

Not sure what you're attempting exactly. Your files need to match the version with your database. So to run on the same database, you should use the same files.

GeoffM

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:08 am Reply with quote

GeoffM wrote:
.....Since I make a copy of the Nuke version prior to any editing I should state that I would be running the exact same version of the existing site to test with (to run the second copy) originally I thought of creating a .htaccess file with the redirect in the test folder put thought this was way to simple...

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:05 am Reply with quote

this works flawlessly. All that you need to do is make the changes in config.php with the db user , db name, and db password so that it is the same as your original. Then both sites will run off the same database. Is it that you are attempting something different then that and we are misunderstanding you?

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
evaders99

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:59 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

creating a .htaccess file with the redirect in the test folder put thought this was way to simple

I don't understand what you are attempting to accomplish. Yes you could use .htaccess to do a redirect. But why? You want the site to be accessible from two links, but one database?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic