Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
ramus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:34 am Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I recently downloaded and installed RavenNuke76 without any problem. Everything seems to be working fine. The only problem ive come across is that it wont let me use HTML in and messages or for anything else. I have been reading the installation files and came across nukeWYSIWYG.

Im not sure if this is to allow HTML but it mentions in the documents somthing about HTML. I cant seem to get this installtion of nukeWYSIWYG to work. Im a bit confused on what must be done and edited to some files. Can anyone tell me if nukeWYSIWYG is the addon for HTML, or is there somthing else that i must do to allow it.

Thanks in advance guys.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:53 am Reply with quote

nukeWYSIWYG is an addon that allows you to edit HTML in various places within PHP-Nuke (such as messages, content, FAQs, encyclopedia, administration settings, news and more) using a visual editor much like Microsoft Word, without knowing or having to enter HTML tags. It also includes the kses HTML filter and modifications to allow HTML, with the ability to replace any HTML textarea tag with a single line of PHP to invoke the WYSIWYG editor.

It was included as an experimental addon in RavenNuke 76 version 2.0. This includes changes to several RavenNuke files, including config.php and mainfile.php.

To install nukeWYSIWYG from the RavenNuke distribution, extract rwsRavenNuke76WYSIWYG in the Experimental\WYSIWYG directory.

Since you've already installed RavenNuke 76, make a backup copy of your config.php file.

Change the extracted config.php file (e.g. Experimental\WYSIWYG\rwsRavenNuke76WYSIWYG\rwsRavenNuke76WYSIWYG\html\config.php) to have your Nuke database settings - and any other settings you changed in config.php. Note the $advanced_editor = 1; setting in the config.php file. If you wish to disable the WYSIWYG editor after installing it, simply change that setting to 0 in the config.php file.

Copy the files in the extracted html directory (e.g. Experimental\WYSIWYG\rwsRavenNuke76WYSIWYG\rwsRavenNuke76WYSIWYG\html) to your webserver nuke directory. This will overwrite several files, including config.php, mainfile.php, several admin/modules files, several modules/module_name/admin/index.php files, and modules/Submit_News/index.php

Make sure that $nukeurl is properly configured in the Nuke Preferences / Settings.

That's it... you should now be able to use nukeWYSIWYG with FCKeditor and kses with your RavenNuke 76 installation.

ramus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:59 pm Reply with quote

Hi there,

Thanks for that it seems to have done the trick.

Thanks again Smile

Psycho
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quote

Make sure that $nukeurl is properly configured in the Nuke Preferences / Settings.

What do you mean?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic