Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro
Lateron
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:51 pm Reply with quote

I am sorry to keep having problems and bugging you. Sad

I have two sites with the 7.0 distro and on both of them I tried to use the db backup function in the admin panel for the first time today and on both sites I got a page not found error msg. The rest of the sites are working ok.

Is something missing in my installation do you think? Of is there a function that stops this the backup working if it's too big or something?

Ron...

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:06 pm Reply with quote

I just tried it and it worked. In preferences have you set the siteurl correctly? What is the url it is trying to find?

Lateron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Yes, the site URL is correct and this is the page the backup tries to use:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

And this is the page I get:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings........
.......Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

With this on the URL address line:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

admin/case/case.backup.php and and admin/modules/backup.php are installed and unmodified.

Ron...

thediskspaceinc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:15 am Reply with quote

i'm having an issue similar... but in my case when i click backup DB link in the admin section, it downloads a 0 byte file..... and i know my database is about 4mb or so.. nothing i can do can make it backup.

also... i get a "ERROR: Nickname already taken" error when i try to sign up a new user account

the only other prob im having is when i add a new module, it will not show in the modules list... (i saw this problem somewhere on another post somewhere and will look into this one...)

im sure these are just little issues that come with an AWSOME distor raven!

keep up the work and any suggestions on the above are welcome....

thanks in advance

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:38 am Reply with quote

If your db is 4mb then that implies that you have users already, correct? If so, did these errors just begin? Or was this and attempted upgrade? The distro, as stated, is for NEW installations. I never provided an upgrade path - just never had time.

afc
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:26 pm Reply with quote

i have that problem, when database it to big i started using my old vb board to backup database. i can let a coder look at code to see if they can make a port backup.

Lateron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:58 pm Reply with quote

In the end I found the most reliable way to backup my database was using phpMyAdmin with the gzip option.

My host has it on the server and I have downloaded and installed it as well.

I am still on dialup so once my gzipped db is too big to download via modem....well, I haven't thought that far ahead yet but I know my host is testing a backup system to be added to the Plesk 7 control panel.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:02 am Reply with quote

If you'd like to store your backups on my server, I'm sure we could work something out. Just a thought.

Lateron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:09 am Reply with quote

Thanks for that offer, Raven, I appreciate it. Hopefully my host will come through soon. He's only just upgraded the servers to Plesk 7 and has promised the backup/restore option soon.

Ron....... Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro

View next topic
View previous topic