Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Tool Box (TM)
Soulshade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:36 am Reply with quote

My site keeps going down and generating errors on the mainpage. So I downloaded the toolbox to try and help me figure out what was going on. When I try to look at my information I keep getting these errors.

Quote:
Could not read the projects_p_nu1.nuke_authors table : User 'projects_p_nu1' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)

Quote:
MySql Server Status (Quick List)
Uptime: 2074909
Threads: 2
Questions: 23198332
Slow queries: 0
Opens: 693007
Flush tables: 578
Open tables: 367
Queries per second avg: 11.180

Is someone flooding my database or could some bad code be doing this? The site ran fine for a few days, this came up, went away and now it's back.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:01 am Reply with quote

That error means your host has placed query limitations on your account. Once you hit 50,000 queries in their specified time allottment, you are suspended until it cycles around. Come on over to Raven Web Hosting. I don't limit anyone.

Soulshade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:08 am Reply with quote

If I wasn't paid up till march I'd be with you..and come march I probably will switch since my site for my EQ2 guild is phpnuke 7.5 . I just got out of live chat with them and they either raised it greatly or removed it as my site is back up and running. I'm still thinking about upgrading to your 7.6 release but would hate to lose the data I have already.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:12 am Reply with quote

You do not have to lose any data at all. There are several threads on how to upgrade Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:13 am Reply with quote

Send me a PM on what your package includes right now and how much you're paying. Let's see what we can do Wink

Soulshade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quote

PM Sent. I assume just making a backup from within my administration panel and then restoring it once the install was done would work...but I've never done it before and I'm scared Smile . Is that basically how it should work though?

Soulshade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:20 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
You do not have to lose any data at all. There are several threads on how to upgrade Smile

I was looking for the threads and came across this one http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postt7566.html. I think I'll just hold out till that one releases. Busy man you are. If I install it I'll send some cash your way most definantly.

VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:31 am Reply with quote

Moving your site is pretty easy... usually...

Basically, all you have to do is backup the files on your site, maintaining the tree, and do a dump. You should do this anyway, from time-to-time, e.g. maintain your own backups. The backups that the web hosts do, in my experience, are prone to failure, so you shouldn't depend on them. Plus, most hosts charge to restore backups (unless its because of a problem on their end). It's a time-consuming, labor-intensive process to isolate and restore a few 35K files out of a 100GB backup, or whatever. My current host charges $15 per file/or $75hr (whichever is greatest) to recover something from a backup. My last host charged $200hr... really!

And, I wouldn't worry about maintaining accounts at two different web hosts for a while. When you switch hosts, you're better off doing it a month or so ahead of time anyway. That way you're site won't be down during the process...

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:05 am Reply with quote

I have never charged for restoration nor for backups. The user has complete control over both. I backup automatically (nightly, weekly, and monthly) and cPanel allows each user to restore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Tool Box (TM)

View next topic
View previous topic