Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums
 

 

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro
Author Message
srhh
Involved
Involved


Joined: Dec 27, 2005
Posts: 296

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quote

I've searched the web for anything on these topics, but found nothing, so...
When I'm logged into my god account, the WhoIs block and Login block only show me as an anonymous user. I checked some other forums and it was suggested to be a cookie problem, so I cleaned up cookies and still have the same prob in both FireFox and IE. Any suggestions? It doesn't seem to affect anything, but is annoying.
The second issue is that I can't edit news stories while in god account. This option actually disappeared when I put in my new theme. I can only see the news posted, but can't edit or delete it. I check my permissions in the nuke_users table, and it is set to 2.
The last thing is that after I put in this theme, my right blocks disappeared on my admin screen. I already chaged the index value in the theme.php so the right blocks still show up in every other screen, but they are still missing while in my admin screen.

Any ideas?
 
View user's profile Send private message
montego
Site Admin


Joined: Aug 29, 2004
Posts: 9449
Location: Arizona

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:22 pm Reply with quote

srhh wrote:
I've searched the web for anything on these topics, but found nothing, so...
When I'm logged into my god account, the WhoIs block and Login block only show me as an anonymous user. I checked some other forums and it was suggested to be a cookie problem, so I cleaned up cookies and still have the same prob in both FireFox and IE. Any suggestions? It doesn't seem to affect anything, but is annoying.


OK. First things first. This is base nuke functionality. You actually should have two separate logins (hence why when you create your first admin login it also asks if you wish to have a regular user login using the same name and password). If you want to see your site as a user would, you need to log out of your admin id and login as a plain user. NOTE: SOME features will look the same if you are logged in as both, but other features will display additional features if you are also logged in as admin.

Quote:
The second issue is that I can't edit news stories while in god account. This option actually disappeared when I put in my new theme. I can only see the news posted, but can't edit or delete it. I check my permissions in the nuke_users table, and it is set to 2.


Again, this is base nuke functionality, and, yes, a pain! You have to be viewing the news article (not from home) and then you will see somewhere to the right an "Edit" function. I really don't think it is a theme issue. Now, is IS possible for some themes to also include an "Edit" function from the Home page itself, but it is rare.

Quote:
The last thing is that after I put in this theme, my right blocks disappeared on my admin screen. I already chaged the index value in the theme.php so the right blocks still show up in every other screen, but they are still missing while in my admin screen.


Again, this is base nuke functionality. When in the Admin screens, you should never have seen the right-hand blocks. At least I NEVER have.

Regards,
montego

_________________
Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!
Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
srhh
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:33 pm Reply with quote

Oops.

I feel silly Embarassed

The score once again folks is:
Nuke: 72
srhh: 0

Ok, move along, nothing left to see here...
 
Display posts from previous:       
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2007 phpBB Group
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
 
Forums ©