Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro
hinksta
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:46 am Reply with quote

I'm about to install NSN_News_200rc2_70-79 and thought I’d just check if anyone has installed this on RavenNuke76 Distro.

Also I'm assuming that I should ignore the Edits_For_Core_Files as these are already installed with the 3.1 patched update.

If anyone has any advice on this, please let me know.

Thank you.

hinksta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:31 pm Reply with quote

hinksta wrote:
Also I'm assuming that I should ignore the Edits_For_Core_Files as these are already installed with the 3.1 patched update.

It looks like you should edit the core files

The only update I couldn't find the code for was modules\AvantGo\index.txt

Change

Code:

<a href=\"$nukeurl/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=$sid\">$nukeurl/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=$sid</a>

to

Code:
<a href=\"$nukeurl/modules.php?name=News&op=NEArticle&sid=$sid\">$nukeurl/modules.php?name=News&op=NEArticle&sid=$sid</a>

john_mar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:22 am Reply with quote

I've had problems with NSN News, particularly with the striping of HTML from the

See this thread over on nukecops where others have the same problem

http://nukecops.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=modules&name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=49370&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

And searching this forum shows up others with particular nsn probs.

I've just gone back to nuke's standard (patched of course) news module I was so sick of it, which is a shame cos Nuke needs a good news module something like nsn news

John_Mar

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:14 am Reply with quote

Jon, hers is working just perfectly, perhaps you should try it again with a nice copy of Ravens distrobution. Just an idea. It is a very nice news module.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
exterior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am Reply with quote

john_mar wrote:
http://nukecops.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=modules&name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=49370&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

this link not work

hinksta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote

I did have NSN News working on RavenNuke v1.05.00 but eventualy did a fresh install of v2.01.00.

Because NSNNews is a bit buggy, thought I'd wait till Bob had it finished or raven put it in his Distro.

Right now I'm using FCK Editor with the 2 collum setup from the NSN_Cyan theme, The editor is better allthough I'm not so sure about the FCK Editor with Internet Explorer.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote

hinksta wrote:
The editor is better allthough I'm not so sure about the FCK Editor with Internet Explorer.

What is it about IE and FCK Editor that you are not sure about?

hinksta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:17 pm Reply with quote

Please forget i said that, it was just my bad html (i think)

nb1
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quote

edits for core files NSN_News_200rc2_70-79 with rwsRavenNuke76_v2.02.00_FULL v2.02.00 database to v2.02.02.patch Some of the edits I can 't find like
mainfile
Code:
#

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
mainfile.php

In function ultramode(
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
$content = "%%\n".$rtitle."\n/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=".$rsid."\n".$rtime."\n".$raid."\n".$topictext."\n".$rcomments."\n".$topicimage."\n";

#
#-----[ CHANGE TO ]------------------------------------------
#
$content = "%%\n".$rtitle."\n/modules.php?name=News&op=NEArticle&sid=".$rsid."\n".$rtime."\n".$raid."\n".$topictext."\n".$rcomments."\n".$topicimage."\n";
Does this mean I don't have to worry about it?

Client

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:07 am Reply with quote

john_mar wrote:
I've had problems with NSN News, particularly with the striping of HTML from the

See this thread over on nukecops where others have the same problem

And searching this forum shows up others with particular nsn probs.

I've just gone back to nuke's standard (patched of course) news module I was so sick of it, which is a shame cos Nuke needs a good news module something like nsn news

John_Mar

If the only thing bothering you about the NSN News module is the stripping of the html, then there is a fix for this. See this post on ravenphpscripts.net: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:40 am Reply with quote

Thanks, Nomad.

Nomad

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:50 am Reply with quote

Your welcome!

Reciprocity. Just trying to do my part. I'm not the guru, so I have to get in, where I fit in! Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic