Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:20 am Reply with quote

I have successfully integrated G2 (v2.0.2) into RavenNuke76(tm) v2! I will not be releasing it with the initial v2.0.0 release but after testing it more thoroughly I should be releasing it in a followup release Groovy

evave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:11 am Reply with quote

Will it be optional, or all RN packages will be pre-packed with this component in the future? IMHO it would be better to see some more changes towards optimization of core code keeping modules for everyone's choice...

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:50 pm Reply with quote

Components that require some core changes are hard to keep optional. I undertsand your point, but as I have said, this distribution is not going to be a bloat with every addon known to man. And, just because something is included does not mean you have to activate it.

The distro is still developing but after a few more addons are integrated, it will be what it is intended to be at this stage of its evolution - a good, solid, ready made CMS that has what most want/need in a CMS/Portal. Once I have put together the "run out of the box" distro, I will then start working on some other things. I totally agree and have expressed it often that there is much to be done to shore up the code. But, it can't all happen overnight. People want a website that has this, that, and the other, they want it now, and they want it to work when they install it; or mostly so. That in and of itself is a pretty tall order that I want to fulfill. Oh, and don't forget that it must still be able to run the hundreds of other addons that are available too Laughing.

I have been weighing different approaches and methodologies and I basically had reached that magical, mystical state of analysis paralysis, and CodyG called me a couple of times and in her enthusiasm for phpnuke actually got me moving on some things Wink She's a sweet, dear lady who's friendship I value, as well as so many others. And if ever there was a phpnuke Evangelist, she is one!

Anyway, I digress as always. Bottom line, I will assemble what I want to call the base RavenNuke76(tm) and then go from there.

Duncan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote

I have installed and have functioning Gallery 1.52(Gallery 1). It works very well and am keen to uprade to 2.02 (Although this will come after install the new Raven Distribution when it is released).

The problems I came across with Gallery were more to do with configuring the setup, especially location of image processing functions on the server. Once I had these correct it was really easy!

I hope you will include a gallery update script, documentation or a link to a 'how-to'. I'm happy to help at all if I can - but i'm far from a programmer and well out of my league compared to you guys!

Great work again!

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote

Duncan wrote:
I hope you will include a gallery update script, documentation or a link to a 'how-to'.

killing me ROTFL

Unfortunately, that won't happen. I would imagine that they have those instructions at the G2 site Wink

Duncan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:03 am Reply with quote

That's no problem. I will find out how to upgrade from Gallery1.52 to 2.02 and return a post here, as I'm sure I'm not the only one!
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] - I haven't tried it yet, and don't know yet know how it will fit in with your 7.6 distro.

Duncan

VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:05 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
I have successfully integrated G2 (v2.0.2) into RavenNuke76(tm) v2!

Excellent!

Personally, G2 is the only photo gallery, besides Coppermine that I can stand. Truth be told, I think G2 is better than Coppermine -- couldn't & wouldn't say the same for 1.5, unfortunately!

I think G2 will be a big hit! Wink

john_mar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:29 pm Reply with quote

Raven - I've just discovered your 7.6 bundle with 3.1patch and Sentinel.... and Gallery2 to come as well.... this is brilliant, truely brilliant.

I spend all my spare hobby hours doing websites for UK based charities and non-profit org's and have used Nuke since 5.6.

I spend soooo much time installing latest Nuke, applying patches, putting on Sentinel and recently, installing Gallery.

Just one little tiny request.... adding a working copy of NuCalendar would make it my best Christmas present ever Smile

Well done mate Cheers
John

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote

john_mar,

Tiny request ROTFL killing me

spankee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:20 am Reply with quote

Does this mean that the integration from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] will not work with this distro?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote

spankee, version 1.5.x had some issues with Sentinel catching the cmd, highlight and possibly one or two other strings. There are code hacks to fix this in these forums. However, with G2, we do need to take a look at how G2 formats its URL strings and make sure Sentinel will not have an issue with them.

spankee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Understood, Thanks for prompt reply.

broose
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:27 am Reply with quote

is there a rough date for this release as my members want a photo gallery, but if one is on its way with raven then i would rather wait than install a stand alone version

cheers

montego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:38 am Reply with quote

broose, we have had to hold off on this release while we get the team and tools organized to be able to successfully produce the highest quality product possible. This is a team project and so needs to have some good tools in place to properly manage the code.

We are going to focus on a 2.02.02 patch release first. We want to keep up on the latest Chatserv patches as well as shore up a few other core nuke and other bugs.

Unfortunately, we do not have a revised date yet on when 2.10.00 will be released, but it is still planned to include G2 in that release.

broose

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quote

ok, thanks for the quick reply

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic