Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro
seikei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote

When I leave the Forums all set to public, there is no problem with users logging in and posting, replying etc. However, as soon as I change the permissions to Registered or any variation of anything beyond Public.

When a user who is or is not logged in attempts to post a new topic, they are redirected to the log in in which case they do so, click new topic again and they are sent back to their profile page. If they were already logged in they get sent to their profile page.

Another note when I change the permissions on the forums and hit save
A bunch of just random characters fills half the page.

I was told that happens if the forum prefs aren't set up to properly ID the domain, but I'm not quite sure because to my knowledge I have everything set up correcltly.

Someone help?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:08 pm Reply with quote

Re-upload all your modules/Forums file again, sounds like some are corrupt.

If you followed the directions in the install/readme you should not be experiencing a problemthere unless the information you entered is incorrect.

seikei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quote

Well I've reuploaded the Forum modules and the same problems exist.

The only problems I encountered during the install, was with uploading the SQL files through the file dump, I had the same odd error that another guy did and my solution was the same, just using phpmyadmin to upload the sql files to the database.

EDIT: I wiped out the database and re-uploaded all the SQL files, going through the readme, again and being more cautious.

THat didn't fix it either.

However I did finally fix this via, clearing out all my saved information/cache/cookies etc.

I still get that garble that comes up when i change permissions, but it still does successfully change them, so i'm not going to bother with that.

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:51 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

have you tried this also ?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic