Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro
studeggle
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:07 pm Reply with quote

OK I went through the instalation no problem. But when I try and view the site or the admin area I just get a blank white page.
I have tried turning on all error reporting and degugging to no avail the page stays totally white.

When I view the source code this is what I get
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Any ideas out there as too what could be wrong

Oh you can view my php setting here: edited by moderator to protect the poster's system info

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote

studeggle, Sorry, but in order to protect your site / system, I edited out the link that you posted. In fact, since others may have seen it, you should remove or rename that script.

Sorry... gotta go give my child a bath. In the meantime, I have set up the distribution now three times and with no issues, so I suspect you have missed a piece of the installation instructions. Try going through them again very carefully just in case you missed something.

The strange thing is that it sounds like a parse error to me. The only files that you should have had to modify was config.php. Make sure there is no blank line or space after the final ?> tag at the bottom as well as if you modified anything else, make sure you did not introduce a parse error...

I, or someone else, will check back later to see what you found...

studeggle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:09 pm Reply with quote

OK I have a feeling this is a windows complication. I have tracked the dead page to the following code by realizing there was no error message if the config was wrong.

if(defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {
define('INCLUDE_PATH', '../../../');
} elseif(defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
define('INCLUDE_PATH', '../../');
} else {
define('INCLUDE_PATH', './');
}

@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."config.php");
@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."db/db.php");
@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/sql_layer.php");
@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/ipban.php");
if (file_exists(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) {
@include_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php");
}
@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/nukesentinel.php");

Once I pull the "@" so I can see the errors I get the following error
Warning: main(./config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\**************.com\httpdocs\mainfile.php on line 184

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './config.php' (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in C:\*****************.com\httpdocs\mainfile.php on line 184

The config.php is there in the root folder. I'm sure this has to do with the fact that I have it on windows with II6 rather then aphache, but perhaps someone could help me with a workaround?

montego

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:32 pm Reply with quote

studeggle wrote:
The config.php is there in the root folder. I'm sure this has to do with the fact that I have it on windows with II6 rather then aphache, but perhaps someone could help me with a workaround?

It must be an IIS issue rather than just Windows. I run Apache on Windows on my test domains with no issues so far. I would highly recommend chucking IIS and moving to Apache 1.3.34. It really is quite easy to install, including PHP. Plus, it gives you tremendous power and control using .htaccess, let alone better security.

Try changing the last define from:

define('INCLUDE_PATH', './');

to:

define('INCLUDE_PATH', '/');

and see if that fixes it.

Seriously, though, I'd swap out Apache for IIS... it will save you many headaches.

studeggle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote

hmmm didn't like that iether, no change to the error except the loss of the dot.

If I change it to nothing for that path then I end up with an error in the db

Warning: main(db/mysql.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\****************.com\httpdocs\db\db.php on line 39

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'db/mysql.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in C:\*******************.com\httpdocs\db\db.php on line 39

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in C:\**************.com\httpdocs\db\db.php on line 76

Are you useing apache? I had allways heard IIS was better in windows that apache for windows was full of bugs.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:18 pm Reply with quote

I've never heard that about Apache and have heard others here of greater experience than me suggest Apache over IIS.

studeggle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:51 pm Reply with quote

Sad I just finished installing apache. I get the same error messages if I run the site off of apache as I got off IIS Sad

Makes me wonder again if its one of my php settings

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:49 am Reply with quote

I know you're running this on a local machine but I can't help unless I have access. Please open up a server and ftp port and PM the following information to me.

Site url, god admin id/pass
FTP url, id/pass

That's going to be the only way I can help at this point. I have installed this on several XP sites, including my own, running Apache, and have never had one problem.

If you can't open up those ports for access, can you give me remote access to your machine?

hinksta
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Hi all,

just installed and had the same problem.

I tried to use a Kaput theme i'd used (changed its name) in 7.9

as a quick fix i renamed DeepBlue to my theme name.

:clap: Dance-Y Wave :clap:

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote

hinksta - I'm confused!
Are you using the Raven Nuke distribution fron here or phpNuke 7.9?
If you are using the phpNuke Version 7.9 then can you please repost in the appropriate forum [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (I dont want to move this post as you are new here and I dont want you getting lost Smile )

hinksta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:03 am Reply with quote

I'm using the Raven Nuke 7.6 distribution.

I did have 7.9 but after a failed installation of NSN News 2.0.0. I discovered Raven Nuke 7.6.

So I wiped 7.9 off and started again with Raven Nuke 7.6 and a moded Kaput theme from my 7.9, this gave me the blank page error. After changing it back to DeepBlue from your 7.6 all was OK.

The only other problem I had was with the location of .htaccess, (Sentinel wouldn't let me sign in) my server has another folder before homepages

(another folder/homepages/34/d139130468/htdocs/.htaccess).

It took me awhile to work that one out.

Many many thanks for Raven Nuke 7.6

Just a thought:
I think a lot of problems with nuke installations would be avoided if newbie’s like myself were given a warning not to go passed nuke 7.6 until more experienced.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:51 am Reply with quote

There are hundreds of such warnings regarding nuke 7.7+ on this site and also many other sites but I guess most people that come here already have a problem which they need advice on so they are focussed on resolving that specific problem as quickly as possible and forget about the extensive search functions that are available.

Thanks for clarifying which installation you are actually using. The problem is obviously related to either the Kaput theme from the 7.9 distro or from the modifications the made to the theme.
Have a look in the RavenNuke 7.6 files under the 3.1 patch folder - the readme there may help you Wink

hinksta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:28 am Reply with quote

Just tried to change to the DaDaRome theme and an untuched Kaput theme from 7.9, both had the same problem.

DaDaRome theme via [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Are themes made for later versions not compatible with earlier versions?

my theme did work with nuke 7.9 (nuke.org) with 3.1 patched

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:29 am Reply with quote

As discussed in that thread, they have changed the name of a variable within the theme, so without changing that back they will probably not work.
Why you want to use 7.9 Kaput theme with nuke 7.6 I dont understand but if you want to use the Kaput theme, I suggest you use the one that came with your 7.6 distro.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:39 am Reply with quote

One of the goals of RavenNuke76(tm) is to not alter core nuke code and this is a perfect example. That's not a slam to anyone else's work, just a statement by me. As much as is possible, other than for integrating addon modules, etc., I will stay as true to the naming conventions as possible.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic