Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
Purus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:58 pm Reply with quote

I didn't know which board to post this on, so I apologize if it is in the wrong place.

I downloaded your activation mod hoping that I could deactivate the activation email. So many people don't realize they have to click on the Finish button after submitting their registration in order to send the activation email, and I get lots of emails from people complaining that the activation email doesn't work!

Unfortunately, I can't get your hack to work. I installed it manually following the instructions in the readme, but it hasn't changed anything. You still need to wait for the activation email before you can log in. Is there something I am missing, or did I just phuck up?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:06 pm Reply with quote

Well, It's pretty much a mature hack so .....

There are 2 versions. Are you sure you got the right one?

Purus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:45 pm Reply with quote

Hmm... Yeah, there appear to be two versions. Which one is the working one?

I tried downloading the second one, but the INSTALL file doesn't won't open. How do I go about installing it?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:50 pm Reply with quote

They both work. One is for v7.0 and the other is for 6.x. The INSTALL file is a readme type INSTALL, not an application.

Purus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:00 pm Reply with quote

Hehe, I phrased that wrong. I meant to write...

*I tried downloading the second one, but the INSTALL file won't open with any text editors I tried using. How do I go about installing the hack?*

Oh and which one is compatible with 6.9?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:02 pm Reply with quote

Strange. Notepad, Wordpad, TextPad - they all open it. It's just a simple txt type file.

Purus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:20 am Reply with quote

Nm, I got it to work fine with Notepad. Unfortunately it the hack itself didn't actually work. New users aren't recieving their confirmation email, but I can't make it so that they can log in without confirmation. I tried installing both hacks, but neither of them worked. One of them got rid of the notice about the confirmation email, but it still wouldn't allow any new accounts to be created without confirmation. Any ideas how to fix this? Is there a working hack out there?

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:29 am Reply with quote

Purus, the mod is installed and working on hundreds of sites. Honestly, the problem is not with the hack Smile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic