Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
Anubis_The_Jackal
Court Jester

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:39 am Reply with quote

When i try to use the phpbb2 forum admin i get a blank page, i only got this after I installed php-nuke7. I have tried fresh installs, also comparing another nuke7 site with it that worked and i just cant find why a blank page comes up when im trying to get to the forum admin panels. Its just very very odd.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Have you seen this post [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ?

Anubis_The_Jackal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:45 pm Reply with quote

Thank you very very much! All the admins can see it again now!! Mr. Green

mr_hunter_eric

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:37 am Reply with quote

I have tried all of the above.

I get "You are not authorised to administer this board" for my error.

user_level says "2" for both Anonymous (default) and for fresh installation new user "Hunter Eric©™" which is also admin user. I used Raven's mysql_update.php to get the user_level to 2, but don't know what else went wrong.

Site: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
PHP-Nuke Version: 6.8 with a December download of Nuke Cop's Bundle

Raven led me to this Forum for support and I've tried what is here... Sad

Any other suggestions Raven or anyone else?

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:42 am Reply with quote

First of all, you don't want an anonymous user administering your board, so fix that immediately Laughing

Next, try entering a user name like 'eric' instead of the one with spaces and special characters and make sure the user level is 2.

mr_hunter_eric

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:11 am Reply with quote

Anonymous couldn't really do anything... lol... it only shows up if you view the database. Doesn't even show up in Memberslist.

I have a new admin user that I created via the Hunter Eric©™ Super User that I made called, Administrator. I used mysql_update to make sure it was a level 2. I then went ahead and logged out of Admin, and went ahead and cleared cookies and cache. Re-entered as Administrator in admin.php and still cannot access forums admin.

Do I need to re-create the tables with a new super admin without the special characters or spaces?

mr_hunter_eric

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:09 am Reply with quote

And if anything, I will reinstall the nuke site and possibly not bother with the Nuke Cops bundle because I think that is what is giving me most problems Confused Sad

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:50 am Reply with quote

PM me your
site url, id, password
ftp url, id, password
myphpadmin url, id, password
and I will take a look at it today.

mr_hunter_eric

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:49 pm Reply with quote

Ok. PM'd you. Good luck Laughing and let me know if you need any other information from me.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:33 pm Reply with quote

Fixed. I do not usually agree to fix the NC bundle as it is always buggy somehow. Your problem was/is in Line 80 of pagestart.php. It's just plain wrong and if that is the latest release then they need to fix it. I replaced it with the correct line of code. And, the navtap is not working but I will let you take that up with them. At least you can admimister your board now Smile

mr_hunter_eric

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:49 pm Reply with quote

I get

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/navtap.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/sites/site20/web/mainfile.php on line 1079

And nothing else shows up when trying to admin the board.

Bundle is not necessary for us. Would it be better to just use the regular nuke site's download?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:54 pm Reply with quote

That is correct. You need to comment out the navtap code at the bottom of mainfile.php and the navtap call in your themes.php. You can get the official v7.0 release here or I can PM you my customized version that is being tested by several people right now.

southern
Client

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:04 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Fixed. I do not usually agree to fix the NC bundle as it is always buggy somehow. Your problem was/is in Line 80 of pagestart.php. It's just plain wrong and if that is the latest release then they need to fix it.

But when I re-installed my nuke site the last time, which is still up, it came as the NukeCops bundle of 6.8 via fantastico...if the NC bundle is so buggy why does fantastico install it? Someone has to load it into fantastico.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:08 pm Reply with quote

Fantastico installs the NC bundle? I don't think that could be correct. Nuke Cops has not released a 6.8 bundle. Try my customized release. It works Smile

southern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Fantastico installs the NC bundle? I don't think that could be correct. Nuke Cops has not released a 6.8 bundle. Try my customized release. It works Smile

All I know is that after I installed it shows NukeCops credits... I'd like to put on your version instead but how do I do this and keep the members, settings and mods I have? Wouldn't this entail a clean install?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:01 pm Reply with quote

Laughing - I think I know what's confusing you. The nuke install from Fantastico is virgin 6.8 from the author. The Forums were poreted to phpnuke with help from nuke cops personell.

southern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Laughing - I think I know what's confusing you. The nuke install from Fantastico is virgin 6.8 from the author. The Forums were poreted to phpnuke with help from nuke cops personell.

Ah, my mystification becomes dispelled. The forum is of NukeCops vintage, out of their bathtub, and the nuke per se is a virgin 6.8- or was til it began getting modded and warped. Thanks for the clue.
Here is the error I was getting:
Code:
Warning: opendir(modules/Forums/language): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/southern/public_html/includes/functions_selects.php on line 71

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/southern/public_html/includes/functions_selects.php on line 74

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/southern/public_html/includes/functions_selects.php on line 85

which occured after I clicked Manage in User Admin in the forum admin area. Now I get only a blank screen after I uploaded a backup functions_selects and overwrote the old one. Either way I can't manage users.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:02 pm Reply with quote

This looks as if something is out of sync. Probably the result of upgrading or installing a mod. Has it ever worked? If so, when did it stop?

southern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:21 pm Reply with quote

The problem occurred shortly sfter I installed- or installed incorrectly- a Quick Reply mod similar to the one I now use but have never seen on my own forum. The forum thereafter appeared subtly off balance, and avatars do not show or upload or refer from an url. I've tried using the avatar you'll see if you visit my site and refresh the page but it won't work in the forum though I increased image size to 100 x 100 and 10 kb, another blank page comes up for users as well as admins.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:49 pm Reply with quote

What I would recommend is that you reinstall your backup files from before you applied the mods. If you did not make a backup then get a copy of 6.8 from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and replace your forum files.

southern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:04 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
What I would recommend is that you reinstall your backup files from before you applied the mods. If you did not make a backup then get a copy of 6.8 from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and replace your forum files.

It's not a matter of didn't make a backup as couldn't- something, possibly a setting in my Spybot S & D that blocks "dangerous downloads" or maybe a corrupt forum database/configuration- but whatever it was I couldn't d/l a forum backup so I'll do a new install... does that mean bye bye to my current members list ( a grand total of six counting my three alter egos) and forum postings?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:27 pm Reply with quote

Not at all. First try just d/l the 6.8 and only replacing the modules/Forums directory. Let me know how that goes.

southern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:58 pm Reply with quote

I'll do it tomorrow, its been a long day what with banning myself and all. I downloaded the nuke 6.8 and I'll upload modules/Forum at the crack of dawn which is usually when my den mates wake me. I'll post here how it goes. BTW I found this security advisory on Quick Reply [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Thanks for your kind assistance. Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:08 am Reply with quote

That advisory was from 2002 and has been fixed Smile

southern

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:47 pm Reply with quote

Just yankin' your chain a lil'. Smile The new nuke modules/Forums didn't take. I attempted to upload and overwrite the old NukeCops Forums but my trusty FileZilla twice hung in the /templates directory, perhaps a chmod setting, so I ceded defeat in that venue. I then simply deleted the /Forums via cpanel, and then uploaded Forums from the virgin nuke 6.8 files 'thout a snag. However the same problem of a blank screen remains when attempting to set an avatar and, more oddly, the NukeCops credits are still visible on forum admin pages... I can now manage users again, though, and create ranks, etc. but the avatar thingie and this 'haunting' by chatserv et al are baffling moi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic